It’s everywhere - a sleeker, glossier, and straighter version of the celebrity-favourite ‘glass hair’ that was doing the rounds on Instagram just recently. Oh, leave it to the likes of Dua Lipa and Kim Kardashian to kickstart a trend - and for us to join in on the bandwagon. And, yes, it’s possible to recreate this poker-straight hairstyle - aka ‘liquid hair’ - without having to schedule an appointment at the salon. Trust us - it’s all about the products you choose. Here’s a step-by-step guide to achieving those statement-making locks without burning a hole through your pocket.
Image Courtesy: @chrisappleton1
1. Prep your hair with an anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner. You can use the TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Rich with Argan Oil Shampoo and TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Conditioner to rid your hair of frizz, and resurrect its shine. This sets the base for the hairstyle. Even a hydrating mask works well.
2. Dry your hair with a microfiber towel to avoid breakage and frizz.
3. You can use the TRESemmé 7 Day Heat Activated Treatment for an at-home keratin treatment to soften your hair. The product is a breakthrough smoothing system that protects your hair from heat. Just spritz some through towel-dried hair.
4. Proceed to brush out your tresses.
5. Blow-dry your hair, and divide your locks into smaller sections.
6. Flat-iron these sections three or four times to achieve that coveted liquid-like texture.
7. You can conclude with a shine spray to reinstate that glossy look.
Image Courtesy: @instylegermany