Summer is sneaking its way into our lives and slowly taking over every aspect. Diets change, clothes, skincare and lastly, but most importantly, makeup rituals are tweaked to suit the heat and humidity.
Make sure the makeup you have so painstakingly applied remains loyal to you and stays with you through the day in summers. The secret? An underrated, unsung hero, the primer!
If you have not already invested in a primer, we can assure you that this is one product that will make your makeup stay through the heat and humidity.
Firstly, let us address why your makeup does the disappearing act during summers:
- Sweating: You sweat a lot more during summers and the makeup mixes with the sweat and waters it down, meaning your makeup moves and comes off the skin.
- Oily skin: Oily skin gets oilier during the hotter months and this also causes the makeup to settle in fine lines and creases.
- Dry skin: Due to the constant switching between hot exteriors and air conditioned interiors, dry skin tends to react badly and get flakier.
A good solution to all these problems is a good primer. Wondering how that helps? Read on...
- A primer creates a barrier between skin and the makeup
- Pick a primer that works with your skin type
- Will not allow makeup to settle into fine lines and wrinkles
A primer creates a barrier between skin and the makeup
The order is skincare-primer-makeup. A good primer like the Lakmé Absolute Blur Perfect Makeup Primer makes sure your skin is protected from the makeup and does not let it affect your skin. So skin issues that are worsened during summers are not affected.
Pick a primer that works with your skin type
Whether you have oily skin or dry, a primer that is formulated for your skin type is a saviour. A good primer helps control sebum production in oily skin types and adds a moisturising protective barrier in dry skin types.
Will not allow makeup to settle into fine lines and wrinkles
One of the biggest problems of wearing makeup during summers is that the makeup mixes with the sweat and makes it settle into creases. A primer fills in the lines and unevenness on your skin and makes sure your makeup applies evenly and smoothly.