There is a reason why makeup is considered an art form that can never be fully mastered. You can always develop a new technique or learn a new skill that enhances your facial features. For the uninitiated, contouring might be the only way you might know how to change the shape of your face, but there are easier ways to do so. Take blush, for instance. Based on the placement, you can either make your face appear rounded or longer — it all depends on the application technique. Intrigued? Check out this simple guide below on how to apply your blush to enhance the shape of your face.
- Lifted look- Applying your blush on the side of your cheekbones, a little under the outer corner of the eye and blending upwards and outwards will give your face a lifted effect.
- Shorten the face - To make a long face appear shorter, you can simply place the blush on the centre of your face and blend it out with a fluffy blush.
- Enhance cheekbones - Applying the blush on your cheekbones above the hollow (not beneath) can make your cheekbones look more prominent.
- Add fullness - Just like how placing the blush under the cheekbones and on the side gives you face definition, placing it on the inside and closer to your mouth can make your face look fuller.
- Sunkissed look - To fake a sunkissed look, all you need to do is sweep some blush from the outer corner of one eye to the other - going over the nose. It might sound crazy, but believe us when we say that it might just become your favourite way of wearing blush.
Pro tip: To prevent a makeup faux pas, we suggest using a buildable powder blush. One of our favourite picks is the Lakmé 9 to 5 Pure Rouge Blusher - Pretty Pink. It gives your skin just the right amount of warmth and colour payoff, read: no clown faces.
Image courtesy: @ananyapanday