By now, you all must know the sacred rule of skincare. You must, should and will remove every bit of makeup from your face before going to bed. Night time is when your skin regenerates itself and the blood flow to the skin is most when you sleep. Seems like a good time to provide all the tools to your skin while it rebuilds itself, right?
This is where serums come into the picture. These are lightweight, easily absorbed and heavily concentrated liquids that seep into your skin, delivering their nutritional payload directly to the deeper layers of your skin. But you already knew this, didn’t you? So let us introduce you to a new concept – skin refinishers.
- What are skin refinishers?
- What ingredients should you look for in a skin refinisher?
- How should you use a skin refinisher and how often?
What are skin refinishers?
Skin refinishers are serums that help you with specific skin concerns. They contain a higher concentration of active ingredients that are delivered straight to the deeper layers of your skin. They help you achieve the ‘ideal skin tone’, which means that your skin is comfortable in its natural skin tone, looks even and bright, the appearance of pores is minimised and is moisturised and smooth.
What ingredients should you look for in a skin refinisher?
- AHA – Alpha hydroxyl acids are mild exfoliants that help slough off dead skin cells and reveal new skin and they promote collagen and cellular regeneration. This reduces fine lines, smooths the skin and makes it firmer.
- Pre-biotics – factors like pollution, stress and poor diet can harm your skin’s natural barrier. When the functioning of the skin barrier is compromised, it leads to loss of elasticity, sagging and dullness. This is where pre-biotics step in. They help in maintaining a healthy ecosystem on the skin and restore its balance.
How should you use a skin refinisher and how often?
Morning routine -
Start by cleansing and toning your face. Follow it up with a refinishing day cream that will make sure you get the ideal skin tone. Sunscreen comes next and then your makeup!
Night time routine -
After cleansing your skin, take a few drops of the skin refinisher serum and gently work it into your skin using circular motions and follow it up with a night cream and then an eye cream. This will ensure you out the ‘beauty’ into your beauty sleep!