Birthday girl Shamita Shetty is undoubtedly a national heartthrob at the moment after her stunning participation in the hit reality show Bigg Boss. She’s truly a fierce queen who stands up for what’s right and we are in complete awe of her persona. But that’s not all we’re in awe of. After scrolling through her Instagram account *oops, stalker alert* we realised that Shamita has a signature blowout that not only frames her face perfectly but also makes her hair look voluminous and lustrous at all times. So on the occasion of her 43rd birthday we are here to help you recreate this look that can become your voluminous go-to hairstyle too!
- Step #1: Prep your hair
- Step #2: Blow dry
- Step #3: An extra step for extra volume
- Step #4: Setting the hairstyle and aftercare
Step #1: Prep your hair
As goes with any hairstyle, the right prep sets the perfect canvas for the look to sit on. This blow dried look is best done when hair is 80 percent dry right after hair wash. Apply the TRESemmé Heat Protectant Spray to protect your hair from heat and to lend a smooth finish to your locks.
Step #2: Blow dry
- Use a hair dryer on your hair for about 15 seconds.
- Divide your hair into 3 sections from your crown to neck. Now, tie up the upper two sections and divide the third lower section into two sections from the middle. Yeah, you might look funny RN but trust the process!
- Now, take a huge round brush and place it under your root and blow dry it straight first. This step will ensure volume from the roots. Repeat this again and then curl your hair away from your face with the round brush.
- Continue doing this to all the sections till you're finished with all the sections and voila! Salon style voluminous blow dry at your bay.
Step #3: An extra step for extra volume
- Now, you can always finish off at the previous step but if you want to take it up a notch, use a curling or waving wand to add some extra texture or volume to your locks.
- Take a big curling wand and go over huge sections of hair at once while curling it away from your face.
Step #4: Setting the hairstyle and aftercare
Setting the hairstyle is important to keep the hairstyle intact for a long time. Use the TRESemmé Micro Mist Smooth Hair Styling Spray with Natural Finish and Strong Hold Level 2 to set your hairstyle and follow it up with a sweet smelling hair perfume and you’re ready to slay!
Main Image courtesy: @shamitashetty_official