We're always searching for lewks; lewks that resurrect the mostly-closeted MUA in all of us, and disrupt the everyday monotony of our WFH routine. And it's not a shocker that a lot of these makeup looks are fashioned by Bollywood icon Deepika Padukone. We're such fans. And can you blame us? We're seeing more of her these days thanks to her much-awaited film Gehraiyaan, and we cannot get enough of the looks she's experimenting with for the film's promotion.
We stumbled upon a recent look the actress fashioned with a sleek updo, and we're still gawking at our screens. Because, WOW. Here's how you can recreate this cat eyeliner and red lip makeup look.
For the face
- Start by cleansing your face with the Simple Kind to Skin Moisturising Facial Wash to rid your skin of residual makeup, dirt, and other impurities. Go on to massage the Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser into your skin for round-the-clock moisturisation.
- To extend the longevity of your makeup, and set the base for application, you must prep your skin with the vitamin E-infused Lakmé Absolute Undercover Gel Primer.
- Achieve a seamless, dazzling base with the Lakmé Perfecting Liquid Foundation. Go over any imperfections with the Lakmé 9to5 Primer + Matte Liquid Concealer.
- Apply blush on the apples of your cheekbones, and a little bit of the Lakmé Absolute Liquid Highlighter on the high-points of your face i.e. your temples, bridge of the nose, brow bone, cupid’s bow and top of the cheeks.
For the eyes and lips
- It's evident that her lips headline this look. All you have to do is paint them a hue of striking scarlet. Pick a glossy lipstick like the Lakmé Absolute Spotlight Lip Gloss - Deep Flamingo and sweep it over your lips.
- This look doesn't thrive on elaborate eye makeup. It works with an understated cat-eye instead. Just sweep a shade of gold on the lids. Create a soft wing with the Lakmé Eyeconic Kajal, and apply it on the inner corners of your lower waterline too.
- Coat your eyebrows with triple-duty Lakmé Absolute Flutter Secrets Dramatic Eyes Mascara. This formula curls, volumises, and lengthens your lashes in one go!
- Brush your eyebrows upwards with a spoolie. This look mimics a fuller, natural-looking brow. Conclude by filling in your brows just a little - you don't want to define them too much.