When it comes to taking care of your hair, mothers, grandmas, hair stylists and friends will give all kinds of advice. While one may stress on the importance of oiling your hair the other will advice you to skip it completely. So, if you’re often left confused and cannot figure out the right way to take care of your hair, we’re here to give you some simple hair tips and tricks that will help you conquer the hair of your dreams.
Yes, hair care starts with getting the basics right. There are some mistakes people make in the shower that makes your hair look dull and lifeless.
- Use cool or lukewarm water: Standing under the shower as the hot water pours on your does sound pretty relaxing but this can dehydrate your hair causing dryness and split ends. Always wash your hair with lukewarm water to retain the moisture in your hair.
- Apply diluted shampoo: Your shampoo is designed to remove dirt and oils from hair, it cannot differentiate between natural and artificial oils. Therefore dilute a few pumps of shampoo in water and then apply it on your hair.
- Skip daily hair wash: While you may think it’s very unhygienic to not wash your hair daily, the truth is your hair does not require daily wash. It strips off the natural oils and causes hair fall.
Drying and brushing
- Let it air dry: As much as possible let your hair dry naturally. If you cannot do without a blow dryer, wait till it is partially dry before using the dryer.
- Use a wide tooth comb: Always use a wide tooth comb on wet, semi dry and just dried hair, this will protect it from damage and breakage.
- Don’t step out with wet hair: Dirt and oil gets easily attracted to oily and wet hair, therefore don’t step out immediately after you’ve washed your hair.