Curly hair can be quite tricky to handle. One day it will have an amazing bounce to it and the next day, it acts lifeless. Usually, curly hair lacks moisture and when your strands act dead all it needs is some moisture to look healthy again. You can bring it back to life by using oils, masks or serums and when all fails, a curl defining cream.
Most women with curls do not invest in a curl defining cream. One, because they don’t consider it important and secondly, due to the low number of options available. What if we told you there’s a way to make your own curl defining cream at home? Yes, that’s true. Read on to find out what we’re talking about.
You will need:
- 8 tablespoons shea butter
- 4 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Few drops of your favourite essential oil
Step 01: Put the shea butter in a bowl and microwave it for a few seconds. Do not let it melt completely.
Step 02: Add all the ingredients one by one and mix it using a hand mixer so that all the ingredients blend together thoroughly.
Step 03: Whip until the mixture looks soft and fluffy.
Step 04: Scoop it out with a spoon and store in an airtight container such as a mason jar.
How to use:
- Scoop some of the curl defining cream with your fingers or spatula and apply it on damp not wet hair, scrunching in an upward motion.
- Allow the curls to air dry and watch how bouncy it looks!