The Faux Bob
- Let your hair loose and pull it back (just as you would while making a pony tail) with the TIGI Moisturising Spray.
- Near the nape of your neck, divide your hair into different sections.
- Take the tip of the hair from each section, roll it inwards along your fingers and pin it down as if you were tucking your hair in.
- If your hair gets unmanageable, try the Spoil Me Spray that’ll help tame the frizz.
- Do this all along the sides and at the back of your hair till you have what appears to be a bob.
The Messy High Bun
- Comb all your hair back in a high ponytail and use the Masterpiece Shine Spray to settle flyaways.
- Secure the high ponytail tightly and have the end of the ponytail go around the base like a bun allowing the tips of the hair to fall on either side loosely.
- Secure it from the front and the back of your head using bobby pins.
- Let the tips of your hair fall near your front hairline (depending on how messy you want it to be).
- Hold your base hair in place (the one that goes into the ponytail) with the Magic Stick and add volume and shine to your curls using the Foxy Curls Hi-Def Spray.
- Prep your hair with the Totally Baked Hair Meringue to give it a good hold.
- Next, part your hair into three ear-to-ear sections and tie each section into a pony tail that sits bang in the middle.
- Let the TIGI Bed Head Stick work its magic by patting down the hair that goes into the pony tail.
- Hold the pony tail up straight and start back combing it to create volume.
(Back combing: Combing your hair from the tips to the roots, in the other direction, usually done to add volume.)
- Once you’ve backcombed the pony tail, shape it and allow it to sit on the top of each section just like a Mohawk would.
- To add some texture and hold, be generous with the Hard Head spray.
- Part your hair into three sections.
- Concentrating on the section in the middle, comb your hair straight up and pin it a few inches at the back to make a voluminous quiff.
- Add some thickness and volume to the quiff using TIGI’s Superstar Queen for a Day Spray.
- Once you’ve secured it in place with bobby pins, run your fingers through the sides of your hair to get rid of tangles.
- From the sides of your hair, twist your curls neatly in place with the Foxy Curls Mousse.
- Finish off by applying the Bed Head Stick on the hair near the base of the quiff to make it appear even more pronounced from the sides.
The Curly Cascade
- Get the tangles out of your hair with TIGI Glaze Haze and let your hair loose.
Start twisting a few strands of hair all over the sides and the back.
- As you twist, apply the TIGI Bed Head Stick to add some shine and prominence to your curls.
- Once you’ve done enough strands to cover your head sufficiently, hold the curls back and pin them lightly.
- Leave a few strands from the sides loose and allow them to cascade down.
Credits – Photography: Akshata Viveka, Model: Sohni Patel, Clothes: Sohni Patel, Hair & Location: Courtesy TIGI
Written by Girija Naiksatam on Apr 18, 2014