As if planning and getting your wedding trousseau, makeup and hairstyle isn’t a task enough, we ladies have to worry about our mehndi, haldi and sangeet looks as well *tired sigh*! But, why fear when we’re here. Taking notes from our beloved celebrities, we have picked out five absolutely gorgeous hairstyles that you can try for all your pre-wedding festivities. So, sit back and bookmark your favourites right away!
- 01. For engagement - bejewelled high bun like Sonam Kapoor Ahuja
- 02. For mehndi - sleek braided bun like Shanaya Kapoor
- 03. For the bachelorette party - soft curls like Pooja Hegde
- 04. For haldi - laced fishtail braid like Kiara Advani
- 05. For sangeet night - gajra wrapped braid like Patralekhaa
01. For engagement - bejewelled high bun like Sonam Kapoor Ahuja
Image Courtesy: @sonamkapoor
If you’re still not sure how to style your tresses for your engagement, then we believe this hairstyle is all you need! We’re totally in awe of this bejewelled high bun by Sonam Kapoor Ahuja - it adds a classy, chic look to your hair and the hair accessory is simply the cherry on top here.
02. For mehndi - sleek braided bun like Shanaya Kapoor
Image Courtesy: @tanghavri
You can never go wrong with a bun in Indian weddings and that’s why we’re loving Shanaya Kapoor’s sleek braided bun here. Perfect for your mehndi functions, this fuss-free braided bun gives a neat look to your hair while the pretty mogra gajra adds all the bridal feel to it! So, bookmark this style for sure.
03. For the bachelorette party - soft curls like Pooja Hegde
Image Courtesy: @hegdepooja
When in doubt, let your hair down! Take a leaf out of Pooja Hegde’s style book and simply style your hair in soft curls for your cocktail or bachelorette party. Go for bright, shimmery makeup and style your hair in wavy, soft curls for an overall gorgeous yet minimal look. You can amp up your hair by adding accessories to your hair.
04. For haldi - laced fishtail braid like Kiara Advani
Image Courtesy: @kiaraaliaadvani
For your haldi, we suggest you go with this fun rendition of the good ol’ fishtail braid by Kiara Advani. All you gotta do is add a gold-toned chain and lace to your simple fishtail braid voila - you’re good to go. This hairstyle will keep your hair away from your face and make sure it doesn’t get smeared in haldi and you enjoy your function without any stress.
05. For sangeet night - gajra wrapped braid like Patralekhaa
Image Courtesy: @patralekhaa
For your sangeet night, as you plan to dance the night away, take some hair inspo from the newly wedded Patralekhaa. Style your hair in a simple three-strand braid and wrap it in a long mogra gajra to amp up the entire look. This fuss-free hairstyle will let you have all the fun and look stunning at the same time!