What do you get when you throw a top knot, smokier-than-smoky eyes and dramatic ruffled dresses into the mix with Deepika Padukone? A look that burns up red carpets everywhere, from Cannes to a recent awards event in the Bay.
We love it when Deepika Padukone steps out in an edgy, experimental look and rocks some surreal makeup. The drama of the dress is balanced by the drama in the eyes and the face is kept clear of hair by tying it up in high top-knot. Here is how you too can recreate the smoky eyes:
- Start by prepping your eye lid with an eye primer. This helps the eye shadow stay longer and will make the colour look brighter.
- The idea is to create two layers around the eye. A brown outer layer, which diffuses the inner black layer and creates a ‘halo’ around the smoky eye.
- Take a brown eye shadow or eye pencil like the Kareena Kapoor Khan Lakmé Absolute Eye Definer in Brass and line your upper and lower lash line with it. You can line it as thickly as you want. This will create the ‘smokiness’ around the black smoky eye.
- Now create the black, inner smoky eye. Use a black eyeshadow or black eye pencil like Lakmé Eyeconic Kajal and line closer to the lash line on both your upper and lower lash line.
- If can also dab black eye shadow on top on the black eye pencil, just to add intensity and texture. You can use the black shadow from Lakmé Absolute Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette – Silver.
- Finish with a few coats of Lakmé Absolute Flutter Secrets Dramatic Eyes Mascara for a dramatic effect.
Image courtesy: Instagram