Deepika Padukone made an appearance on the talk show, Famously Filmfare, hosted by Jitesh Pillai, and we were floored by the monochrome look she chose for the occasion. We wonder if the choice of colour had anything to with her status as a newlywed bride. She carried off the fierce colour with ease and her hair and makeup were perfectly in sync with the rest of her look.
She wore a red sweater teamed with a pleated red skirt, both from H&M and paired it with red Louboutin heels. Accessories were kept minimal, with golden disc earrings, her wedding chooda and diamond ring.
As always, it was her makeup that drew our attention and we loved her dewy skin and bold, matte red lip. Makeup artist Anil Chinnappa gave her complexion the slightest amount of all over glow and simple eyes that allowed her lip colour to be the focus of attention.
Here is how you too can get the look:
- It’s all about that base! Create a flawless base with a light foundation like Lakmé Absolute Illuminating Foundation, which also gives your skin a subtle glow. Conceal problem areas on your skin with Lakmé Absolute White Intense Liquid Concealer.
- Set the base with a finishing powder like the Lakmé 9to5 Naturale Finishing Powder with a large, round, fluffy brush.
- Create a shadow-y effect on your eyes with the Lakmé 9to5 Naturale Gel Kajal and extend it to get a winged liner, and apply a few coats of Lakmé Absolute Flutter Secrets Dramatic Eyes Mascara.
- The focus of the look is the bold, red lips. Make sure your lips are well exfoliated and moisturised. Line your lips with a red liner like the Kareena Kapoor Khan Lakmé Absolute Lip Definer in Crimson and apply a liquid matte lipstick like Lakme Absolute Matte Melt Liquid Lip Color - Firestarter Red .
- Fill in your eyebrows with the Lakme Kareena Kapoor Khan Absolute Eye Brow Definer in Graphite.
Image courtesy: Instagram