While the bold looks with a red lip or smokey eyes remain classic, women all over the world are slowly becoming obsessed with the nude makeup look. It is simple, looks classy, requires minimum products and goes with every outfit. This makes it the go-to makeup look to wear everyday as well as on occasions for most women. Celebrities are equally obsessed with this makeup trend, so much so that some of them even preferred to wear it on their wedding day! Since it is the trendiest and most sought-after makeup look right now, it is imperative you learn how to create the perfect nude makeup look for yourself in a few easy steps.
- Nude makeup tips
- Step 1: Cleansing
- Step 2: Moisturising
- Step 3: Primer
- Step 4: Foundation
- Step 5: Eye makeup
- Step 6: Cheeks
- Step 7: Lips
- FAQs about nude makeup look
Nude makeup tips
Tips to keep in mind before you try the nude makeup look.
- Hydrate skin well
- Less is more Go light on the eyes
- Use a dewy foundation
- Opt for a creamy lipstick
Ready to learn how to look like a diva with minimalistic nude makeup look? You are now just six steps away!
Step 1: Cleansing
In order to get any makeup look right, it is important to first learn the basics of skincare. Cleansing, toning and moisturising are essential if you want your makeup to look flawless. Take a pea-sized amount of face wash in your palms and apply all over your face in gentle, circular motions for at least a minute. Then wash it off, making sure the water isn’t too hot or too cold as it may make your skin oily or dry. Choosing the right face wash is also important, here’s what you should pick based on your skin type.
Dry skin - Cream-based cleanser
Oily skin - Gel-based cleanser
Normal skin - Foaming cleanser
Step 2: Moisturising
Want dewy and natural-looking skin for your nude makeup look? The key is to wear a good moisturizer before you begin. The reason your foundation or concealer may be settling into fine lines is because your skin is not well hydrated. Depending on your skin type, choose between a cream or gel-based formula. Apply in tiny dots all over the face and then spread evenly until it is absorbed well. Do not rush into any step even if you are in a hurry, as this may make your skin look greasy, especially if you have oily skin. Give it a minute or two to settle into the skin before moving on to the next step.
Step 3: Primer
The next step is to apply a primer. This wonderful makeup product plays a vital role in how your makeup looks at the end. Therefore, if you don’t have a primer, buy one right away and watch how it transforms the look of your skin and makeup. It fills in pores, smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles and also controls the oil on your face. This ensures your makeup stays in place for a long time and does not budge. So, whether you are creating a nude makeup look or a bridal makeup look, wearing a primer is necessary for a flawless base.
Step 4: Foundation
Moving on to the most crucial step, wearing the right foundation. While choosing a foundation for your nude makeup look, you need to not only consider the right shade, but also the right texture and formula. For a minimal makeup look, try not to pick a heavy foundation that gives full coverage. In fact, some people even prefer using a CC cream for that dewy finish. The perfect foundation shade is always one that matches your skin tone or a shade darker, do not take any lighter shades as it may appear unnatural and ashy. Take a small amount on the back of your hand and apply it on your face using a damp makeup sponge for the perfect finish.
Step 5: Eye makeup
It’s time to move on to the most important part of any makeup look - the eyes.
- Take your nude eyeshadow palette and pick a fawn or taupe shade onto the brush, the idea is to use a shade that’s the closest to your natural skin colour.
- Now take a slightly deeper shade of brown and apply it to the outer corners of the eyes, this will contour as well as make your eyes pop.
- To add some drama to your look, use a cream coloured eyeshadow and apply it on the brow bone, just below your brows. This will enhance your eyebrows instantly.
- No eye makeup look is complete without eyeliner and mascara. So, use gel eyeliner, preferably in brown and draw a smooth line along your lash line, finish the look with two coats of mascara.
Step 6: Cheeks
You will be surprised to see what a little amount of blush can do to your face. Your nude makeup look will instantly appear a lot more natural after you add a hint of colour to your cheeks.
- Avoid using a contrasting shade, use something that will look natural and comes close to your skin tone. There are many powder and cream based blushes available in the market in beautiful shades, choose accordingly. However, don’t go overboard, the whole idea is to keep the look minimal, so start by applying a tiny amount and then apply more if needed.
- To emphasise your cheekbones, use a little bit of highlighter, again do not go overboard. You only want to make sure that your best features are highlighted.
Step 7: Lips
Last but not the least, your lipstick will tie the whole look together and give you the perfect nude makeup look. Even if you like your reds and pinks, you can’t wear them with nude makeup. Your favourite lipstick brand will definitely have lots of nude lipsticks to choose from. Pick a matte or creamy shade.
- Ideally, pick a shade that’s closest to your skin tone and apply carefully using the applicator. If you are using a bullet lipstick use a brush for application.
- Start by drawing an ‘X’ on your Cupid’s bow, then apply lipstick to the corners of the lips, and fill everything in.
- You can add a dash of transparent lip gloss for more drama.
FAQs about nude makeup look
Q. Can I create a nude makeup look using CC cream?
A. Yes, nude makeup is all about that natural and dewy finish, so if you don’t have too many problem areas on your skin, a CC cream would work just fine.
Q. Is it necessary to wear nude lipstick with this look?
A. The whole idea of creating a nude makeup look is to make your face look as natural as possible using makeup. If you use a different shade of lipstick, then it won’t be called nude makeup look!