The slender shape and outline of the ‘cat eye’ speaks volumes about its style. The cat eye liner look has been a part of the makeup world for ages now. Right from the Cleopatra of Ancient Egypt to the actresses of today, cat eyes have been flaunted by women all across the world. And the look doesn’t really seem to be going out of trend anytime soon either. It’s never too late to learn the cat eye and this is one that you can certainly try working on in the comfort of your own home. So, what are you waiting for?
What you will need:
How to create the stunning cat eye look:
- Step 1: Prep your eyes
- Step 2: Line the upper lash line
- Step 3: Find the angle
- Step 4: Create the flick
- Step 5: Clean Up
Step 1: Prep your eyes
Create a good base for the cat eye. Make sure that you thoroughly cleanse, tone, and moisturize the skin near your eyes. If you have any redness, dark circles or puffiness, use an eye serum or eye cream to treat it. These creams work wonders and also ensure that your makeup sits on well. Once you are done with this, apply a primer.
Step 2: Line the upper lash line
Line the upper lash line using slow strokes. Start off with small strokes as there’s a possibility that you could mess up if you rush. Use small strokes to gradually thicken the lines as per your requirements.
Step 3: Find the angle
This part is the most crucial! Use the natural shape of your eyes to guide you in creating the flick. If you’re finding it difficult, imagine that your lower lash has been extended and turn that into your stencil. This will make it a bit easier for you to make the flick. You can also use an eye shadow brush or an angled brush to roughly map out the shape.
Step 4: Create the flick
As soon as you’ve figured out the flick, create it with your Lakme Absolute Gloss Artist Eye Liner using a dotted pattern. The use of small dots will help you figure out and control how the flick will look eventually. When you are satisfied with the job, join the dots and fill in to connect the line.
Step 5: Clean Up
If the shape seems a little messy, use a cotton swab or concealer to correct it. Voila! Your cat eye look is all ready to be flaunted.
Once you’ve learned the basics of the cat eye look, you can even play around with it as you like.
- Thickness: You can thicken the line above your lashes for a bolder look. A thinner cat eye, on the other hand, will make your eye more streamlined.
- Length: You can play around with the length of the flick. You can either increase the length or reduce it according to your wish. A longer flick will make your eyes look more dramatic.
- Shape: You can play with the shape of the cat eye liner as well. A straight sharp flick will give you an edgier look while a more curved one will make you look elegant and graceful.
Tips & Important Points That You Should Keep In Mind
- Do not pull at the skin near your browbone to create the flick. This will mess up the shape.
- Look down so that the canvas of your eyes is smooth enough to work on.
- Invest in a good makeup mirror. This helps in perfecting even the smallest of details.
- Try to use a vanity or dressing table while applying the eyeliner.