Even if you don’t have a voluptuous pout, fuller lips can still be achieved. Making a lip plumper naturally is always more beneficial than using products or injections. You can mix up a host of things that you like in order to make your favourite ‘lip plumper’.
The skin over the lips is mildly irritated in order to get that plump look. There won’t be any allergic reactions though, not unless you are allergic to any of the mentioned ingredients below. Lip plumpers work their magic by widening the capillaries, allowing for more blood to flow through your lips, giving them that extra volume.
Before you start on anything, the most important thing is the carrier oil, either in solid or in liquid form depending on your preferences. It will also help nourish your lips at the same time. You can even use your lipstick or lip balm as the base and then melt it into the mix along with the active ingredients.
Active ingredients are the ones that will increase the blood flow to your lips, resulting in plumper lips for you.
Listed below are some of the recipes that you can try at home.
Cayenne, clove and cinnamon have plumping effects. Clearly, this recipe will be a good option for you and one which will work quickly as well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon of ground cloves or clove oil
- ¼ tablespoon of cayenne powder
- Thoroughly mix everything together and lightly massage it on your lips in circular motion
- Leave it on for about 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water
If you want fuller lips on the go, then this recipe is just the right one for you.
- Take your lip balm in a small bowl and melt it
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon oil
- Once the mixture has cooled, apply it to your lips for a moisturized and plump look.
This will definitely turn out to be your favourite lip plumper scrub. It will both exfoliate and plump up your lips at the same time.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of white sugar in a bowl
- Take 1 tablespoon of olive or sweet almond oil
- Mix all the ingredients well
- Massage onto your lips for 5 to 10 minutes to help stimulate the blood flow (this will make your lips appear fuller)
This one is easy to make and will add plumping benefits to your lip gloss.
- Take a tube of unscented clear lip gloss
- Add 6 drops of peppermint oil
- Add 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne powder and mix it thoroughly
- Apply to get fuller lips
This one is especially for those who have sensitive skin. Make this easy peasy lip plumper to get all of its benefits.
- Take 1 tablespoon of olive oil or any moisturizing oil and white or brown sugar in bowl
- Dip a clean toothbrush into it and gently brush onto your lips in circular motion.
- Massage for 3 to 5 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water
- You can store this in a tube or in a balm box