There’s a new lip trend in town and we’re here to tell you all about it. The ‘blurred lip’ or the ‘blotted nude lip’ trend is one of the many inspirations we have taken from K-beauty. To simplify it for you, this trend is a mix of a lip stain and nude lipstick that makes your pout look plumper, well-defined and natural — all at the same time!
The smudged lipstick look was a runway sensation back in 2013. After that, the Korean gradient lip trend took the world by storm, where the pigment was placed only on the inner portion of the lips. In intense cases, the outline of the lip was completely camouflaged using base products.
But now, we have a trend that united western beauty lovers and eastern beauty fans. This blotted nude lips trend looks effortlessly chic and cool. The best part about this blurred lip trend is that it goes well with every eye look while still adding an edge. Without further ado, let’s get into how to create this lip trend.
How to nail this look:
Image courtesy: Kylie Jenner
This makeup look requires a few extra steps and products but it is totally worth it. Once you try it out, you’ll never go back. Let’s get started.
- Start by exfoliating your lips and applying a generous amount of lip balm.
- Wipe off the excess lip balm with a tissue after a couple of minutes.
- Now, apply a tiny amount of concealer all over your lips to cancel out any pigmentation and create a flawless canvas.
- Line your lips with a brown lip pencil that is about one or two shades darker than your natural lip shade. Using a lip brush or your pinky finger, diffuse the line and blend the colour inwards.
- Follow this up with nude lipstick all over your lips. You can go a little lighter with your nude shade for this look.
- Using red lipstick, apply a small dot in the inner portion of your lips. Dap it around a little to blend with your nude lipstick and create a diffusion. You can also use a lip stain for this look but a red lipstick would provide a better colour pay-off.
- You can add a clear lip gloss on top for that juicy look or leave it matte.
Liquid lipsticks work best for this trend. Our picks for this look are the Lakmé Absolute Matte Melt Liquid Lip Color in Natural Nude and Lakmé Absolute Matte Melt Liquid Lip Color in Firestarter Red. These liquid lipsticks are extremely easy to work with and give you enough time to blend before setting them into place. Natural Nude is a neutral nude colour that would flatter a plethora of Indian skin tones. And, Firecracker Red is a true red shade that is vivid and vibrant.
Main image courtesy: Janhavi Kapoor