The festive season calls for some sultry makeup looks, especially when the festival is as lit as Diwali! Thankfully, celebrities have been dropping one bomb look after the other, so there is no dearth of makeup-spiration to complement your gorgeous sarees and fusion attire.
One such look that caught our attention is Sonakshi Sinha’s uber glamorous, earthy-with-a-pop-pink look that she sported to Ramesh Taurani’s Diwali bash. Dressed in an Arpita Mehta pink frill-y saree, the actress looked like a million bucks with that on-fleek hair and makeup tying her look together. If you’re excited to recreate Sona’s festive makeup look, then here’s a quick decode for you.
- After hydrating your skin with a moisturiser, apply primer all over your face evenly. Primer will not only help your products glide on smoothly but also make your makeup last longer.
- Now, it’s time to create a base. Take a mattifying liquid foundation and go over with it on your face and neck, making sure to cover even the most overlooked areas such as hairline, sides of the nose, upper lip and corners of your eyes. Ideally, apply foundation with a damp beauty blender or sponge for even coverage.
- Conceal all the problem areas and skin imperfections such as dark circles, pigmentation, blemishes and scars. Concealer will instantly help brighten your face and make you look more awake.
- If you want to achieve a bronzed-out finish just like Sonakshi, go in with your bronzer on areas where the sun would naturally hit your face such as forehead, cheeks, chin and nose. Or, if you want to keep it toned down, then simply highlight your cheekbones using an earthy-toned blush.
- Take a spoolie and brush your brows in upward strokes. Follow it up with an eyebrow pencil. Fill in the gaps to make your brows look fuller and defined.
- To add some pigment onto your lids, take a soft brown hue closer to your skin tone and apply it with an eyeshadow brush, covering your entire lid.
- Now comes the best part—wing it! Sonakshi’s bold, statement winged eyeliner is the highlight of her festive look. Grab your eyeliner pencil, preferably a felt tip liner to comfortably draw thick, even wings.
- For a little smokey effect on your under-eye, apply kajal on your lower lash line and smudge it gently with the help of a brush. With the same pencil, tightline your eyes to create a fuller, wide-eyed look.
- To add more definition to your eye makeup, finish off with generous coats of mascara.
Get the look: Lakmé Absolute Precision Eye Artist Eyebrow Pencil, Lakmé Absolute Illuminating Eye Shadow Palette - French Rose, Lakmé Eyeconic Liner Pen Fine Tip - Deep Black, Lakmé Eyeconic Curling Mascara - Black, Lakmé Absolute Kohl Ultimate Kajal - Black
- Before you go in with your lipstick directly, use a lip liner to give the illusion of a fuller pout. Take a lip liner matching the colour of your lipstick and start lining a little over your lip line. A lip liner will also prevent your lipstick from bleeding out or feathering.
- Since it’s the festive season, choose a brighter hue such as poppy pink or soft red. Take cues from Sonakshi Sinha and match your lipstick with your outfit.
Image courtesy: Instagram