Your lips are one such feature that can lift up your face with just a hint of colour on it. This year, proudly proclaims sultry, stained lips as one of the major lip trends.
SO HOW DO YOU WEAR IT
A professional finish to the lips is a thing of the past and it is now time to just STAIN your lips. The slightly smudged wine-stained berry lips makes for a bold statement, while looking subtle and attractive at the same time.
GET THE LOOK
There is something about wine-stained lips that is ethereal, casual and cool. Here’s how you can get stained the right way:
- Clean your lips and then apply a hydrating lip balm or Vaseline to smoothen out the lips. The lip balm also acts as a moisturiser and prevents your lips from looking dry and cracked.
- Choose your shade of Marsala (we recommend, the darker the better since your goal is to stain it)
- Apply a light layer onto the entire lip.
- Apply a second layer, of a slightly darker colour, onto the inner rim of the lips and with your ring finger even it out by distributing the colour onto the corners of the lips.
- Repeat the above step if you prefer a darker stain. Blot with a tissue if necessary.
Little Red Tote
To read more, visit www.littleredtote.com
Want to ask Fleur and Nethra your questions on beauty, fashion, style and health? They’d like to hear from you, so send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos credit: Pinterest