After a tiring week, the best way to relax and recharge our body for the challenges of the upcoming week is by getting a full body massage. Most women prefer to pamper themselves with a spa therapy that will invigorate their senses and relax their muscles. And it does make you feel better, doesn’t it? Not only does it relieve your body of stress but also softens your skin and promotes blood circulation.
Massages can have the same effect on facial muscles. The multitude of expressions our face displays on a daily basis may hold tension around the temples, eyes, forehead and jaw that might be constricting blood flow to these areas. A DIY massage can detoxify the skin, boost blood flow, reduce signs of ageing as well as allow better absorption of skincare products.
- Close your hands into a fist and place the knuckles on the tip of your chin.
- Knead your way in the direction of your ears and stop just below the ears.
- Slide your fist up and down your jawline for 10 to 30 counts.
Benefits: If you feel tension built up around your jaws, this facial massage kneading will help relax the muscles around the area. You can use some facial oil to the make the kneading process smoother.
- Gather all your fingers together and place them in the centre of your forehead with your elbows out.
- Press this area firmly and wait for a few seconds.
- Now glide your fingers outwards in the direction of the temples, press once and release.
- Repeat this process thrice.
Benefits: Signs of ageing such as fine lines and wrinkles are quite visible on the forehead, this massage helps reduce them. It also relaxes the muscles, improves blood circulation and offers relief from headache.
- Place your middle or index finger on the side of the nostril and press gently.
- Release and slide towards the lower cheekbone area and press again.
- Now glide further towards the ear and press in the hollow just before your ear then release.
- Repeat this thrice.
Benefits: The area under your lower cheekbone is also called the glow point, massaging this area encourages blood circulation and detoxification of the skin. This boosts skin radiance and restores a youthful glow.