Botox and surgery aren’t the only options to get younger and firmer skin. We’re talking about a more natural and non-invasive method that can turn back the clock and reverse the signs of premature aging – facial exercise. Following a few facial moves every day can sculpt and lift your facial skin as well as give it a youthful glow. Reportedly the Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle is a huge fan of facial exercises. You will be too once you see the results! Here’s how to do it...
The ‘Fish face’ exercise gives your cheeks and jaws a well sculpted look. If you want plumper and pout worthy lips this exercise is all you need!
- Start by softly closing your lips.
- Now suck your cheeks inwards as much as possible to get the ‘fish face.’
- Hold for about 15 seconds, release and repeat for about 5 minutes.
The X and O
Uttering just two alphabets everyday can help burn fat from your cheeks and jaws. It also strengthens muscles in this area giving your face a more chiselled look.
- To start relax your face and keep your head stiff.
- Now say the alphabets X and O in such a way that you feel your cheeks, jaws and lip muscles moving.
- Repeat this exercise at least 10 times and then relax.
Neck is one of the first areas that show signs of aging, therefore it’s important to do an exercise that gives it a lift. Want to get rid of double chin? ‘The giraffe’ is for you!
- Place your fingertips on your collarbone and lightly pull the skin downwards and tilt your head back.
- Bring your head back down towards the chest and repeat twice.
- Now tilt your head back again pointing your chin upwards, this time pull the corners of your mouth down.
- Hold on for four deep breaths and then release.
This is probably one of the easiest facial exercises to reduce lines and wrinkles around the eyes. You can do this exercise even while sitting on your desk in office to reduce strain.
- Place both middle fingers on the area between your eyebrows while applying pressure on the outer corners of your eyes using the index fingers.
- Now look upwards so that your lower eyelids also move a little upwards.
- Repeat six more times and relax for a few seconds between each.