You know what’s worse than acne? Having acne and then finding out you also have sensitive skin! Those who suffer from this skin concern know that the struggle to treat acne on sensitive skin is too real. Dealing with acne at any age can be distressing but when it comes to dealing with acne for sensitive skin, it needs some gentle and mild care.
Acne remedies that work well for people with normal skin, might aggravate acne for those with sensitive skin! Obviously then this skin combination needs some extra love. Read on as Dr. Mrunal Shah Modi clears all our doubts about acne-prone, sensitive skin...
- BB: How do you keep acne at bay?
- BB: What skin care routine to follow for sensitive, acne-prone skin?
BB: How do you keep acne at bay?
- Do not sleep with makeup on: Sleeping with makeup on is a strict no-no for any skin type. This can lead to majorly clogged pores and pimples and cause premature ageing.
- Wash your brushes: It’s important to wash your makeup brushes regularly. Whenever you use your makeup brushes, they are collecting oil, dead skin cells, dust, and anything else clinging to your skin. This in turn leads to acne.
- Do not share your makeup brushes: Using someone else's makeup brushes can spread acne-causing bacteria. Basically, someone else's acne and bacteria are touching your face.
- Get 6-7 hours of sleep: If you don’t get good, restorative sleep, your body might feel restless and could kick-start that cortisol surge, which could lead to acne.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Keeping your body hydrated from the inside as well as outside is one of the best ways to prevent acne. Dehydrated skin contributes to many skin problems – and for some, is a major trigger of acne!
- Avoid waxing your face: If you have sensitive skin, avoid waxing your face. The ingrowths can at times cause acne, thereby making it worse for your skin type.
BB: What skin care routine to follow for sensitive, acne-prone skin?
MS: Here is a perfect skin care regimen for you, if you have sensitive and acne prone skin...
- Cleanse: If you have sensitive, acne-prone skin, it is best to use a gentle cleanser that is free from baddies.
- BB Pro Tip: Get your hands on the Simple Kind To Skin Micellar Cleansing Water which is crafted for sensitive skin and helps remove contaminants known to irritate skin.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating helps you get rid of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin and increases blood circulation.
- BB Pro Tip: Scrub away your skin woes with the St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Face Scrub made with 100% natural moisturisers and exfoliants.
- Moisturise: For all those with sensitive skin, stick to a lightweight and fast-absorbing moisturiser.
- BB Pro Tip: The Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser is just what your sensitive skin needs. It’ll keep your skin hydrated for up to 12 hours.
- Sunscreen: Be it any season, sunscreen is essential throughout the year. It not only protects your skin from the harmful UV rays but also saves it from other major skin concerns.
- BB Pro Tip: Use the non-sticky and non-oily Lakmé Sun Expert Ultra Matte SPF 50 PA+++ Gel Sunscreen and re-apply every 3-4 hours for effective results.
- Cover-up before stepping out: Lastly, for all those with sensitive skin, it’s best to cover-up before stepping out in the sun. This will prevent you from skin irritation and redness.