Every girl has wondered about the right sequence while applying skincare. And does the order in which you apply them really matter? Yes, it matters a lot! We break it down for you, from the first to the last, and everything in between.
- Why is maintaining a sequence important?
- What is a rule of thumb to follow?
- So what is the sequence after all?
Why is maintaining a sequence important?
- There are certain ingredients you want your skin to absorb, and certain other things to be kept out. A very small amount of skincare products are formulated in a way that they can actually penetrate the skin. So applying these on clean skin and before the heavier products is utmost important.
- You skin will absorb the ingredients better when you follow the correct order. You will get maximum benefit from the products and your skin will show results quicker!
What is a rule of thumb to follow?
- Thinnest to the thickest is always a good way to remember the sequence. Apply the lighter, water-based products (like serum), which you want to be absorbed by your skin first and then the heavier, richer products like moisturisers.
So what is the sequence after all?
1.Lightest goes first
After you cleanse and tone your skin, the lightest, water-based products go on. Serums, which deliver potent ingredients directly into the deeper layers of your skin, are applied first, on clean skin, so they can be absorbed without any other layers in the way.
Take a break – hum a little song for about 30 seconds or sip on a cup of tea, as you want to allow the serum to sink into your skin.
2. Next comes moisturiser
A layer of moisturiser will seal the serum in, and protect your skin from external elements. And remember, you need a moisturiser even if you have oily skin!
3.Can’t do without sunscreen
The last step in your skin care has to be sunscreen. This creates a physical layer between your skin and the UV rays. It is also the layer between your skincare and your makeup. This also prevents makeup from seeping in your skin.
4.All the makeup you ever wanted, girl!
After these products, be assured your skin is pampered and protected so you can apply all the makeup you like and step out to conquer the world!