After a tiring week, there’s nothing like a rejuvenating facial. But now that you’re stuck indoors and unable to treat yourself to that pamper session due to the lockdown, your skin is probably looking tired and dull. Following your skincare routine is essential but it’s not enough; that’s why most women are embracing at-home facials. And it’s time you did too.
Now if you’re a little skeptical about doing something you only trusted your beautician or dermatologist to do, we get it. It’s natural to have questions about doing a facial at home, but we’re to answer them for you. Here are five common at-home facial questions answered.
- 01. How soon will I see results from an at-home facial?
- 02. Are there different at-home facials to address different skin types and issues?
- 03. Can I skip steaming while doing a facial at home?
- 04. What are some of the common at-home facial mistakes?
- 05. How do I take care of my skin post facial?
01. How soon will I see results from an at-home facial?
When done right, you will notice visible results immediately after the facial session. Your skin will feel squeaky clean, fresh, hydrated, radiant and healthy. However, facials do not address skin conditions like hyperpigmentation, acne or sun damage in just one session. Religiously following your skincare routine and doing regular facials will gradually give you healthy, glowing skin.
02. Are there different at-home facials to address different skin types and issues?
Aestheticians offer a range of facial options based on your skin type and needs. The same should be kept in mind while doing a facial at home. Applying any scrub or mask that you can get your hands on for the facial won’t give you the results you are expecting. For example, if you have oily skin, an oil-free scrub like the St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub would be perfect. Also, a clay-based, oil-absorbing mask like the Lakme Absolute Perfect Radiance Mineral Clay Mask will help absorb excess oil and reveal radiant skin.
03. Can I skip steaming while doing a facial at home?
Steaming your face is an important step in doing a facial as it opens clogged pores to help you remove deep set impurities, blackheads and whiteheads with ease. It also promotes blood circulation which imparts a healthy glow.
04. What are some of the common at-home facial mistakes?
As a beginner you may make several mistakes the first time you do an at-home facial, just make sure to avoid these two:
- Starting with unclean hands and face. Always wash your hands and face thoroughly before starting the facial.
- Scrubbing your face too hard. Vigorous rubbing will only increase irritation and redness.
05. How do I take care of my skin post facial?
Your skin is sensitive post facial, therefore, it is best to avoid stepping out in the sun without sunscreen and to avoid exfoliating your face for the next few days. Postpone your waxing or threading appointments too or get them over with before the facial.