Every morning, girls all over the world start their daily battle by gearing up in armour. But… a different kind of battle which requires a different kind of armour. This battle involves fighting the effects of exposure to the sun, overcoming the pollutants that are everywhere and making sure your skin doesn’t suffer because of it.
The armour? Anti-pollution products and sun protection. You know what we are talking about, right girls? You encounter pollution just about everywhere, and there’s no escaping it. Perhaps the only thing you can do is use products that help counter the damage that pollution causes.
These are some questions that may be bouncing about in your minds... so we took it upon ourselves to answer them for you!
- Do you need anti-pollution skincare in your routine?
- What ingredients should you look for in these anti-pollution skincare products?
- How can you incorporate anti-pollution skincare into your routine?
Do you need anti-pollution skincare in your routine?
The answer is a resounding ‘yes’. This is because, no matter where you live, your skin is exposed to particulate matter and UV rays from the sun. Of course, the severity may differ from place to place, but you suffer from this exposure no matter where you are.
Particulate matter found in the air is so small that they penetrate your skin and cause it produce free-radicals that are harmful to the health of your skin cells. They destroy your skin’s natural function and cause pigmentation, fine lines and pimples.
What ingredients should you look for in these anti-pollution skincare products?
- Antioxidants: Pollutions makes your skin produce free-radicals, and these free-radicals harm your skin. Antioxidants neutralise free-radicals. Simple, right?
- Vitamins C, A and E: Cell renewal is vital when there is some skin damage happening every day. So make sure your skin products are rich in these vitamins which ensure collagen production.
- Charcoal: This wonder skin ingredients has the ability to draw impurities, bacteria and other debris to the surface of the skin, so when you wash your face, these get rinsed away, leaving your skin clean.
How can you incorporate anti-pollution skincare into your routine?
- Start by cleansing your face with a product infused with the benefits of charcoal as it draws out the impurities to the surface of the skinand helps wash them away.
- Include moisturisers which have vitamins B, C and E which help promote cell renewal.
- And lastly, don’t forget sunscreen! Use one which offers a minimum SPF of 30. Apply 30 minutes before stepping out and keep reapplying every 3-4 hours.