Huma Qureshi recently debuted at Cannes and gave us one memorable look after another. Continuing her winning beauty streak, she now appears on the cover of Femina magazine in a sequinned outfit with statement curls and demure makeup.
Makeup artist Shaan Muttathil created the hair and makeup look and we love how understated the look is, and given her heavily sequinned dress, this is perfect! We cannot wait to deconstruct the look, so why wait!
Contouring the nose
Contouring is the art of using dark and light shades to sharpen and give dimension to your facial features. We love the way Huma’s nose has been contoured to give it a sharper appearance. If you have ever wondered how to contour your nose, here is a simple way to start experimenting:
- Start by cleansing and prepping your face with moisturiser and prime it.
- Apply a foundation or concealer or a contour product that is 2 shades darker than your skin tone in a thin line on either side of your nose. Curve it at the tip of the nose, so there is continuity of the shadow.
- Apply a foundation or concealer or highlighter (matte) product that is 2 shades lighter than your skin tone just along the bridge of your nose, and under your eyes.
- Blend well so it looks seamless. The idea is that the sides of the nose are deepened and the bridge of the nose is lightened so it appears sharper.
Keeping up with the curls
Shaan Muttathil has kept the rest of the makeup pretty and very nude. The shades he has used are almost too pale for Huma, and yet it works with the sparkly outfit and the big hair. Which brings us to the hair. Those gorgeous curls are looking so healthy and moisturised that they shine just as much as the sequins on the dress!
Things to keep in mind when you want shiny, bouncy curls:
- Always scrunch from the bottom of the hair length towards the top to define the curls.
- Take a little hair oil (a light one) and apply it from mid-lengths to ends.
- Twirl strands of hair around your finger to individually define the curls.
Image courtesy: Instagram