If you are a hair care buff, you must have, on multiple occasions, heard about the benefits of apple cider vinegar for your tresses. However, it's a hard ask to include an ingredient into your haircare between the multiple steps and hard stoned rituals. So what to do? Well, don’t you worry because we got you the easiest way to incorporate ACV into your routine in the most seamless way ever that will surely make your hair thank you for making it look thick and healthy!
- What are the benefits of using apple cider vinegar for hair?
- How to incorporate apple cider vinegar into your hair care routine?
What are the benefits of using apple cider vinegar for hair?
- Reduces frizz: Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid that helps restore shine to hair and reduce dryness, making hair less frizzy. The cause of hair becoming brittle and frizzy is due to its high alkaline content. When you counter this with the acidity of the vinegar, the natural balance is restored.
- Effective against scalp itching and infections: The antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar effectively fight the fungus and bacteria that cause scalp infections. Regularly using apple cider vinegar to wash your hair can help heal the scalp and stop itching.
- Reduces Dandruff: The alpha hydroxy acid found in apple cider vinegar is an exfoliant that helps clear the scalp and reduce dandruff.
- Healthy Hair: Apple cider vinegar is great for hair because it contains a number of vitamins and minerals that help nourish hair, making it shiny and healthy.
How to incorporate apple cider vinegar into your hair care routine?
- Shampoo & Conditioner: The easiest way to incorporate ACV into your routine is to switch up your shampoo and conditioner for the Love, Beauty & Planet’s Apple Cider Vinegar & Jasmine Sulfate Free Shampoo & Conditioner. This combo is paraben, dyes, sulfate and of course guilt-free for its ethically sourced ingredients! And one of the best parts about it is that the white jasmine oil alongside the apple cider vinegar sourced from Switzerland leaves a long-lasting, sweet-smelling scent. This shampoo and conditioner revive dull and damaged hair by giving you a thick, shiny and lustrous mane.
- Hair Rinse: Apple cider vinegar hair rinse thoroughly cleans the scalp and adds shine to the hair. Mix apple cider vinegar and water in equal proportions and pour over hair after shampoo and conditioner. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with water. If you have a sensitive scalp, add more water than vinegar.
- Hair Detangler: Tangled hair leads to most hair fall and this budget product can help you resolve your tangled mess. All you need to do is mix ACV and water in a one-to-one ratio and pour it into a spray bottle. Before you start combing, spray this mix on your hair.