Ariana Grande is synonymous with sky-high ponytails and a sleek winged liner and she has stuck with this look for many years. But she switched it up and gave us a variation of the high ponytail this week and we are sold.
She wore her hair in a dramatic bubble ponytail and accessorised it with a giant bow at the crown. Another cute little detail we saw was the extended under wing liner. The lower lash line was lined and extended ‘up’ into a sharp slanted end. Love!
So for all you Ariana Grande fans out there, or even fans of high ponytails, here is a breakdown of how to get the look!
- Brush out all the tangles from your hair
- Gather all your hair in a high ponytail and secure it with a clear elastic band
- Use hair spray on the length of your ponytail to make sure that the style and volume hold well
- Leave 2 inches (or whatever distance you want between your ‘bubbles’, depends on the length of your hair) and secure another elastic band
- Keep on doing this until you reach the end of your ponytail. Make sure you leave at least 3 inches at the end of your ponytail free
- Now you should have an elastic band at intervals which create sections in your ponytail
- Tease out hair from each section, to make it look like a bubble. Since you have sprayed hairspray, the pulled out hair should maintain its shape
- Spray one last time with hair spray to hold the style