Whether you have straight, wavy or curly hair, you need a hair care routine that meets your needs and resolves your hair woes. If your new year resolution is making your tresses your first priority, we’ve got something that will help you out.
We believe that treating your hair right is the first step towards self-love and that’s why we crafted a customised hair care routine for every hair type. Take a look at the hair care routine you should be following according to your hair type.
Easy to manage, quick to style and naturally sleek and gorgeous; is there anything wrong with this hair type? Um, yes. It can look flat and greasy as the natural oils distribute evenly through the straight strands and don’t even get us started on the flyways. Your hair care routine should focus on keeping your mane clean and smooth.
- Commit to a hair mask every week to get rid of the oil on your scalp and keep your hair squeaky clean.
- Since straight hair appears flat, use volume-boosting shampoo and conditioner and wash your hair thrice a week.
- Blow-dry your hair upside-down to create volume. Use volume-enhancing mousse before styling your hair and swear by hair sprays to keep your ponytails and braids from loosening.
- Use a round paddle brush to detangle and blow-dry your hair. It helps tame frizz and adds bounce and volume while detangling your hair without breaking it.
- Dry shampoo is your best friend. Spritz it to keep bad hair days at bay and give your hair some movement and texture.
The gorgeous wavy hair has the best of both worlds. Not entirely straight, nor too curly, wavy hair can pull off any hairstyle and haircut and has tons of volume. However, you may have to deal with dry ends and dull hair if you have wavy hair. What you need is a hair care routine that keeps those waves hydrated, frizz-free and shiny.
- Deep condition your hair with a hot oil massage before every hair wash to keep your hair from becoming a frizzy mess.
- Use a shine-boosting shampoo and conditioner and wash your hair twice a week. Remember to treat the dry ends with a healthy amount of conditioner to keep them moisturised.
- After every wash, apply hair serum or leave-in conditioner to keep your hair luscious and smooth.
- Go for regular trims to get rid of split ends and damaged and brittle ends that bring your hair game down.
- Brush your hair with a gentle wide-tooth comb to detangle, and scrunch your hair before going to bed to add definition to your waves.
Being blessed with curly hair has its pros and cons. While the beautiful texture makes you everyone’s hair crush, only you know it’s no breeze to manage the unruly mane. You have to struggle with frizzy, rough hair on a daily basis. To manage your gorgeous curls, follow this hair routine.
- Treat your hair to a nourishing hair mask every month to keep those curly tresses well-hydrated and follow up with a hair wash.
- Instead of using a towel, wrap your wet hair in a cotton t-shirt to soak excess water and then air-dry it. It helps reduce frizz.
- Use a shampoo that caters to rough and dry hair. Don’t skip on conditioner; It makes your hair smooth and silky and adds bounce to your curls.
- Wash your hair twice a week to ward off the oil that weighs your curls down.
- Detangle hair when partially wet to avoid breakage and use a detangler brush to do the job. Use a curl-defining cream before styling and finish off with a spritz of hairspray.