Take a Minnie Mouse Bow
Back in 2010 Cheryl Cole wore the Minnie bow bun to the X Factor results show and invited much criticism for the same, however in 2011 Eliza Doolittle replicated the Minnie bow bun for her appearance at the Mark Fast's Spring/Summer 2012 fashion show and ever since we have seen many versions of it.
Embrace the inner child with a bow bun
At the Lakmé Fashion Week this season we saw designer Ashish N Soni’s show feature models walk the ramp dressed pretty in Minnie Mouse bow hairdos. The show basically celebrated the inner child and we think it just apt that they brought back to life the Minnie Mouse bow styled in super cute bow buns.
Pop culture and Minnie much
Designer Kristy De Cunha also walked the ramp sporting a cute Minnie bow bun for her collection ‘Be Aware of the Rabbit Hole’, advocating the fact that love knows no boundaries.
Well, sure enough the mentioned beauty appearances prove that Minnie’s bow bun trend has managed to create quite a stir on the beauty block. And if that isn’t reason enough for you to give it a shot then allow us to show you just how easy this hairdo is.
Here is how you ace the Minnie Mouse bun in minutes...
1. Brush your hair and apply a leave-in serum for shine
2. Pull your hair into a high ponytail.
3. Tie it with a band but don’t pull it out completely at the last twist, creating a loop
4. Split the loop into two sections
5. Take the loose end, twist it and take it over the center to create the ‘knot’. Tuck the ends into the band and pin it to secure
6. Fluff up the bow. Dab down any stray hair with a hairspray.