If you are the kind of girl that likes her bling not around her neck or on her ears, but sitting pretty on her nails, then you’ve reached the right place! Managing crystals, beads and pearl accents on your nails and making sure they don’t fall off is a full-time duty. So what are a few things to keep in mind so your jewels stay glued to your nails? Read on...
- How you set it with glue is key
- Treat your nails carefully
- Placement is important
- Removing them is equally important
How you set it with glue is key
There are many ways in which you can glue to the jewels to your nails.
- Top coat: Apply a clear top coat of nail polish and place the accents on this layer before it has dried. Once the accent is set, apply another layer over all the jewels to seal them.
- Nail glue: After your nail polish has dried, dip the accents in a little nail glue and place them on your nail. Press down gently until the glue dries and feels firm.
- Gel nail polishes: After you cure the second coat of the gel nail polish, apply a clear gel top coat and place the jewels on this and cure it.
Treat your nails carefully
Be gentle with the way you treat your nails, as any rough movements might loosen the crystals. Using gel nail polish or nail glue makes the nail art last the longest, whereas the clear top coat does not offer longevity.
Placement is important
Place your crystals closer to the cuticle as this is where the nail is flatter and more stable. However, make sure you do not disturb the cuticle or stick your crystals to the cuticle. Applying the crystals too close to the cuticle affects the natural nail growth.
Removing them is equally important
When you want to change your jewelled nail art, do not pry or try to scratch them off. Soak your nails in nail polish remover and wait until they come lose before gently removing them.
Image courtesy: Pinterest