Many pulses found in the kitchen can serve as skin care ingredients provided you know how to use them. Lentils like mung dal, chana dal, besan, masoor dal can all help cure skin problems if included in your skin care regimen.
Grind masoor dal or red lentils into powder and store it in a dry place, in a clean and air-tight container. This can be later used to prepare multiple face packs that will do great things for your healthy skin.
Masoor dal is known for its many benefits, and its face packs provide the same. Let's understand this magic beauty ingredient from the kitchen shelves.
- Benefits of masoor dal face pack for skin
- Best homemade masoor dal face packs
- 1. Masoor dal and raw milk face pack as a scrub
- 2. Coconut oil and masoor dal pack for skin moisturisation
- 3. Almond oil, masoor dal pack for skin brightening
- 4. Orange peel and masoor dal pack for facial hair removal
- 5. Honey and masoor dal pack for hydration
- 6. Masoor dal face pack for pore tightening or acne
- 7. Besan and masoor dal face pack for tan removal
- 8. Marigold flowers and masoor dal face pack for dull skin
Benefits of masoor dal face pack for skin
Masoor dal is an extremely beneficial ingredient which is quite easily available. You’d be surprised to know how many skin issues this miracle lentil can solve. Let’s chart out a few for you.
i) Serves as a skin cleanser
Masoor dal is enriched with numerous essential nutrients, such as proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Together, they make it an excellent cleansing solution that removes all the impurities and dirt present in the skin. As a face pack, masoor dal soaks in all the dirt and removes the impurities with gentle exfoliation.
ii) A natural exfoliator
Exfoliation is a necessary step in skincare, though either overdone or ignored completely. But, if done using gentle natural ingredients and with a balanced approach, it leads to soft and smooth skin. Masoor dal serves as an excellent exfoliant when used in face packs.
iii) An anti-acne solution
Masoor dal face packs serve as an excellent anti-acne solution. It also tackled blackheads and whiteheads, without stripping the skin off its natural moisture and texture.
iv) An anti-ageing treatment
Not many know this but masoor dal is an excellent hydrating and nourishing potion in the form of a face pack, and it tightens the skin to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines. It is a natural and gentle anti-ageing treatment.
v) A brightening solution
Masoor daal face packs not only clean, exfoliate, and nourish, but also serve as a natural bleaching agent, only, they are not as harsh. These solutions and face packs lighten scars and even work on acne marks.
So the next time you call for masoor dal at home, try getting an extra portion for your skincare needs. You won’t be disappointed.
Best homemade masoor dal face packs
Masoor dal face packs are easy to create and super beneficial for the skin, as we have pointed out. We have curated a few for you that are quite simple to make and can be used regularly to tackle most of your skin issues. However, if you have sensitive skin, we advise you first to do a patch test and also connect with your skin specialist before going the au natural route with masoor dal.
1. Masoor dal and raw milk face pack as a scrub
Masoor dal pack is used to exfoliate the skin, tighten the pores, brighten your skin and also remove tan. This will cleanse your skin, soften it, nourish it and make it oil-free to prevent acne.
- Soak masoor dal in water overnight
- Grind it in a thick paste
- Add 1/3 cups of raw milk
- Make a thick paste
- Apply it on your face in circular motions
- Keep it for 20 minutes
- Wash off and pat dry
2. Coconut oil and masoor dal pack for skin moisturisation
- Mix 1 tablespoon masoor dal powder, 2 tablespoon milk and a pink of turmeric, 3 drops of coconut oil.
- Apply evenly on face
- Leave it for 2 minutes
- Wash it by scrubbing gently.
3. Almond oil, masoor dal pack for skin brightening
- Soak 50 grams masoor dal in water overnight
- Grind in a fine paste
- Mix 1tsp raw milk and 1tsp almond oil
- Apply it on your face
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes
- Wash it with cold water
4. Orange peel and masoor dal pack for facial hair removal
- Soak 100 grams masoor dal, 50 grams sandalwood powder and orange peel in milk, overnight
- Grind all the ingredients to make a fine paste
- Add a layer of paste to your face
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes
- Scrub off the dried layer gently in circular motion
- Use olive oil to scrub this off
- Wash off with cold water
5. Honey and masoor dal pack for hydration
Masoor dal is known to have hydrating properties and honey is known to retain skin’s natural moisturiser. Additionally, it also prevents acne and provides immense nourishment.
- Take one teaspoon of masoor dal powder
- Add one teaspoon of honey to it
- Mix the two to make a thick paste
- Apply on cleansed face for 20 minutes
- Wash off and pat dry
- Use daily for best results
6. Masoor dal face pack for pore tightening or acne
Here we have a masoor dal face pack that helps in tightening pores and getting rid of acne. And it is super easy to make too.
- Take some masoor dal and grind it well
- Apply the paste-like mixture on the skin
- Wait till it dries
- Wash it off with cold water or wipe with a damp cloth with mild exfoliation
7. Besan and masoor dal face pack for tan removal
Masoor dal face packs are good for tan removal as well. You just have to know the right ingredients to mix so that you get the best potion for your concern. Mixing it with gram flour is a good option if you wish to do away with your tan. Besan or gram flour is a great exfoliating agent which is known to fade dark spots and exfoliate the skin effectively, thus taking care of your tan. Yoghurt is another ingredient that works on tan.
- Take one teaspoon of masoor dal
- Add about half a teaspoon of gram flour to it
- Add 1 spoon of yoghurt
- Finish off with a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Mix these to form a paste-like consistency
- Apply and let dry completely
- Wash off with cold water or wipe with a damp cloth
- Use daily for best results.
8. Marigold flowers and masoor dal face pack for dull skin
Dull skin is a concern in this pollution-ridden world. Thankfully, masoor dal can tackle this too, with the help of a surprise ingredient; marigold. Here is a face pack that will make sure your skin becomes bright and perky again.
- Take one tablespoon of masoor dal
- Take 2 fresh marigold flowers
- You will also need about 1 teaspoon of rose water
- Crush the marigold flowers and soak overnight with the masoor dal
- Grind the mixture into a thick paste, in the morning
- Apply it evenly on face and neck
- Wash off when it dries, mostly, in about 30 minutes
- Use daily for best results