The benefits of using essential oils are far too many. These potent oils are great for tackling a lot of skin issues from acne to fine lines and wrinkles. However, as we all know, essential oils cannot be used on their own, a carrier oil is an absolute must to get the best results.
Today, we are going to help you choose the right carrier oil based on your skin type so that you reap maximum benefits out of your natural beauty routine.
- Coconut oil: We need not tell you the benefits of this versatile oil, it works amazingly well for normal skin by nourishing it from the deeper layers. Mix it with any essential oil to address your skin concerns.
- Hemp Seed oil: It contains powerful skincare compounds such as vitamins E, C, GLA and ALA to hydrate skin and improve its texture.
- Olive oil: This oil is not only great for your body, but also for your skin. Renowned for its nourishing and age defying properties, this oil is best for dry skin. It also corrects skin conditions associated with dry skin such as eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.
- Avocado oil: Thick and luxurious, avocado oil has the ability to penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, making it ideal for dry skin. It also increases the production of collagen while stimulating cell growth.
- Sweet almond oil: This a hypoallergenic carrier oil with skin moisturising benefits, and the fatty acids in sweet almond oil help address problems associated with oily skin. It removes excess sebum, preventing clogged pores and breakouts. This oil is also beneficial in lightening hyperpigmentation and under-eye dark circles.
- Jojoba oil: It is easily absorbed by the skin and has great moisturising and healing properties making it the perfect choice for oily skin. Rich in vitamins and minerals, it is also an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Sesame seed oil: An excellent oil for skin detoxification, sesame oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties which make it ideal for sensitive skin. This thick but mild oil also has potent anti-ageing powers that helps fight wrinkles and fine lines.
- Apricot oil: emollient properties in apricot oil help nourish skin and retain moisture. Light, mild and non-irritating, it also helps with skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.