Coconut oil has a myriad of uses right from cooking to skin and hair care. It has a variety of health benefits that make it highly popular. However, no packaged product can match the quality of virgin coconut oil that’s made naturally and without any harsh chemicals. This is the easiest way you can make organic coconut oil at home...
- Start with scraping the meat of a mature brown coconut from its shell and cutting it into small pieces.
- Now place the pieces in a food processor or a grinder and blend until all is completely shredded.
- Next, take a jar and cover it with a coffee filter or cheesecloth to filter the coconut milk.
- Squeeze the shredded coconut until there is nothing left in it and let the jar with coconut milk sit for a good 24 hrs.
- You will notice that the oil has separated from the coconut milk.
- Throw out the coconut milk or use for other purposes and enjoy your freshly made coconut oil.
LRT tip: Ladies, freeze your coconut oil to use it in its solid texture.
little red tote
To read more, visit www.littleredtote.com
Want to ask Fleur and Nethra your questions on beauty, fashion, style and health? They'd like to hear from you, so send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org