Is 2019 your year to get married? Are you spinning dizzily because you have found ‘the one’ and are going to say ‘I do’ this year? We are sure you are happily planning all the details of your wedding to make sure you don’t have any unwanted surprises!
Yet, one unwanted surprise that may still sneak up on you and throw a spanner in the works is a skin breakout! The stress and the constant running about may be causing your skin to react without your knowledge. We spoke to Consultant Dermatologist, Dr Mrunal Shah Modi to get the low-down on how brides-to-be can take care of their skin in the follow up to their D-day.
- Q. How do you avoid that little pimple from popping up just before the wedding celebrations start?
- Q. What care should you take when getting married in winters?
- Q. How do you keep all the stress and fatigue from affecting the skin on your face?
Q. How do you avoid that little pimple from popping up just before the wedding celebrations start?
A. To avoid pimples from suddenly making an appearance these are the things you must follow…
- Do not sleep with your makeup on
- Wash you makeup brushes properly, and do not share or use anyone else’s brushes and/or sponges
- Get 6-7 hours of sleep everyday
- Keep yourself well hydrated
- Do not start taking hormonal supplements just before your wedding, as these are known to cause acne. Try these tablets 2-3 months before to see how you react to them
- Avoid waxing your face just before the celebrations begin
Q. What care should you take when getting married in winters?
A. You should take extra care on your skin in winters, as it is prone to become drier with all the makeup you are going to be applying. Consult a dermatologist, who will suggest facials and hydrating treatments that will help you. You can also make face packs at home with honey, oatmeal and almonds if you have dry skin. If you have oily skin, avoid using honey on your skin.
Q. How do you keep all the stress and fatigue from affecting the skin on your face?
A. These are the things you should do to keep yourself stress-free and relaxed…
- Eat a healthy and nutritious diet
- Sleep well
Image courtesy: Pinterest