Karva Chauth is just around the corner, ladies! So, while you bring out your bright red and maroon hues (we’re talking about that gorgeous ethnic attire), don’t forget to flaunt that festive glow. Since it’s a no-food-no-water deal, you must make sure your skin does not suffer. Because honestly, who wants to look dull on this special occasion?!
To help your skin glow all day, here’s a pre-Karva Chauth skincare routine you need to follow two days before the big day.
2 days to go
- Hydrate: You’re only two days away from Karva Chauth. Use this time to flush out all the toxins in your body by keeping yourself hydrated. Apart from drinking a minimum of eight glasses of water a day, include fruits in your diet that have high water content such as watermelons, oranges, pineapples and plum.
- Moisturise: Moisturising is key! Make sure your skin is well-moisturised throughout the day. Apart from moisturising in the morning after a shower and before hitting the sheets in the night, rub in a generous amount of moisturiser before you wear any makeup. Moisturiser will make sure your skin remains hydrated even under all that makeup.
- Protect: You don’t want uneven skin tone, sunburns or blemishes two days before Karva Chauth. Therefore, whenever you step out, make sure to cover your face with a scarf so as to not let dust, pollution and other environmental factors damage your skin.
- Waxing rituals: Book your salon appointment today and get done with your monthly beauty rituals—waxing and threading. Doing this just a day before is not the best idea because waxing and threading may sometimes leave your skin looking red, and you don’t want to flaunt that on the big day.
1 day to go
- Facial: If you don’t want the no-food-no-water day to take a toll on your skin, a facial is the answer! Get a facial or a clean-up done a day before Karva Chauth. This will make your skin look refreshed and glowing, even when you are dehydrated for a couple of hours.
- Face packs: If you don’t have time for a facial, then you can also opt for a DIY face mask for glowing skin with natural ingredients from your kitchen. Face packs are a great way to rejuvenate your skin. Easily available ingredients such as turmeric, honey, amla and aloe vera can do the trick!
- Soothe tired eyes: Tired-looking eyes can pull down your look. Therefore, just before you hit the sheets, place cucumber slices over your eyes to soothe them or dab a cotton pad soaked in rose water over your eyelids for a calming effect. You’ll wake up looking fresh as a daisy the next morning.
BB pro tip: On Karva Chauth, when doing your makeup, mix your foundation with your regular moisturiser to flaunt a healthy glow. Do regular touch-ups so your skin looks radiant and fresh throughout the day.