Glam up your sweatpants with gold
Heading for brunch with the girls? How about foregoing regular jeans or leggings in favour of black, well-tailored sweatpants? Swap your over-sized T-shirt for a well-fitted white vest. Top it up, literally, with a cropped printed jacket in hues of gold. And complete the entire look with pair of vertiginous gold heels. It is the perfect marriage between comfort and chic, if we do say so ourselves.
Give your sweatpants a chic twist
Dressing up for a movie date can get quite tricky. It’s at the movie theatre so you obviously want to be comfortable for all the time you’ll spend curled up on the theatre seat. But it’s also a date, so you want to look spectacular. Nothing says comfort better than sweatpants. Pair your favourite pair with a sleek shirt or blouse. Black and pink is a colour combination we swear by. Up the chic quotient by layering it with a classy grey boyfriend jacket. For the finishing effect, accessorise this look to perfection with a layered beaded neckpiece and complementary peep toes. Voila! You’re ready for the movies and how!
Tips for getting dressy with sweatpants
- An over-sized hoodie or an off-shoulder sweatshirt goes perfectly with the comfort factor of sweatpants. Adding in a sultry pair of heels to this ensemble will make you stand out in style.
- A swanky jacket makes the sweatpants and T-shirt combination look extremely cool and trendy. The more colourful and eye-catching, the better.
- Go glam by swapping your regular sweatpants for leather sweatpants. And pair them with a well-fitted shirt or tunic.
- Master the grunge look by pairing cropped sweatpants with fabulous graphic print T-shirts or nonchalant vests and jackets.
- Go preppy by complementing your sweatpants with a preppy shirt, converse sneakers and a cute cardigan. You can’t really go wrong with this combination.