Looking for a workout regimen that will help you get rid of the stubborn belly fat? Or do you want abs just like Katrina Kaif has? Or you have personal health goals to achieve by next summer?
Whatever be the case, there is only one thing that can help you achieve the same without you hitting the gym. Yes, you heard it right! You don’t need to go to the gym, just find an open space or maybe your balcony or in your room where you can get fresh air. All you need is a yoga mat and some asanas that will help you get those toned abs.
Yoga is all about overall strength and stability as it uses your body weight to benefit your health. If you haven’t done yoga in a long time or ever in your life. Don’t worry, you can start yoga at any age. All you need is practice and some awareness.Here is a list of asanas that will help you in getting toned abs...
This asana is also known as the Tree Pose. The asana strengthens your core while you stretch and stand still. Keep your core intact as this boosts the toning of the abdominal muscles. Keep your eyes open, for better focus.
● Stand tall on your feet, inhale, and keep the right leg on your left thigh, exhale slowly and try to balance, inhale, raise your arms and join them in namaskara, exhale.
● Hold this position for about 2-3 minutes and repeat on the other side.Caution: Do not try if you have low blood pressure or insomnia.
Popularly known as the plank pose, this asana is done on all your limbs. This helps in strengthening forearms, hamstrings and thighs. If you are doing this for the first time then stay still for 1-2 minute, slowly increase your time.
● Take a deep breath and come on the plank pose, exhale and inhale. Stay still for about 1-2 minutes.
● This asana is the most dynamic one for the toning of abs. The longer you stay in the position, the better it is. The focus is on the core and keeping it intact.Caution: Do not attempt if you have shoulder pain or high blood pressure
Known as the warrior pose, this is a graceful and powerful asana for strengthening of your abs. This asana improves stamina, tones your abdominal, thigh and shoulder muscles.
● Inhale and stand with feet apart. Bend your knees to make a 90-degree angle and keep your hands over your head in a namaste.
● Twist your torso to the right-side, stay there for 2-3 minutes. Slowly come back to the resting position and repeat the same on the left side.Caution: Do not attempt if you have diarrhoea, arthritis or knee pain.
Adho Mukha Svanasana
This famous asana is known as the downward dog pose. This asana boosts the strength and stamina while toning your abdominal muscles. The balancing act is done with the help of forearms and keeping your core tight.
● Come on plank position, inhale and move your hip upwards to form a V, exhale.
● Stay there for 30-60 seconds. Increase the time when you start doing this regularly.Caution: Do not attempt in case of shoulder discomfort or high blood pressure. If you are pregnant, it is better to consult the doctor before you add this asana to your routine.
This asana is known as the bridge pose. This asana is equivalent to crunches. It engages the core by keeping it tight and lifts the lower body.
● Lay on your back and fold your knees upwards. Keep your hand at either sides and inhale.
● Slowly lift your hip and let your body rest on your shoulder and feet. Exhale, stay there for 9-10 seconds and slowly come down. Do this at least 20-25 times.Caution: Do not attempt if you have any neck or back injuries. If you are pregnant, then do this asana under the guidance of an instructor.
A variation to the warrior pose talked about earlier, this asana increases stamina and tones your abdominal muscles by engaging the entire lower body.
● Inhale and stand with feet apart. Bend your knees to make a 90-degree angle and keep your hands at shoulder level.
● Twist your torso to the right-side, tilt your body to the left side and stay there for 2-3 minutes. Slowly come back to the resting position and repeat the same on the left side.Caution: Do not attempt if you have arthritis or slip disc issues. You can try this asana by make sure it is under the guidance of an instructor.