The wedding season is here, and the urge to experiment with our hairstyles has never been stronger. But how do you pull off a look that you’ve never quite attempted to recreate up until now? We’ve got you! We stumbled upon Kajal A Kitchlu’s gorgeous gajra-adorned hairstyle, which is perfect for upcoming weddings. It’s easy to create and looks uber pretty. Did we mention it will complement all your lovely ethnic outfits too? Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating this easy hairstyle for upcoming weddings.
1) Wash your hair with an anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner before you start.
2) Before you attempt to curl your hair, you must brush a heat-protectant product through your tresses. The TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Spray is our go-to.
3) Ensure that your hair is absolutely dry after or you risk damaging it. Once most of your hair is air-dried, blow-dry the rest of it with a boar-bristle brush.
4) For control and definition, use a curling iron that’s equipped with a clamp. Start off by testing the heat of the iron. Set the tool at a lower temperature to see what kind of a curl it creates, and increase the heat gradually if you’re looking for more defined curls.
5) Once you’ve adjusted the temperature to your preference, section your hair into three or four horizontally-stacked layers. You can use a clip to hold the topmost layers and work on the bottom sections first.
6) Clamp the tool down on a one-inch section of your hair close to the roots, and wrap the strands around the barrel, away from your face. Don’t clamp ends first, you might end up with a clamp mark on your curl. Mimic this technique for all the sections.
7) You can accessorise your hair with a gajra, or any other hair accessory of your liking. You can adorn your curls with tiny white baby’s breath flowers too.
8) In order to hold your hair in place, and retain the style for the rest of the day, spritz the TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Invisible Hold spray through your tousles, and you’re done!
All images courtesy: @hairbymeghaa