Since visiting a salon is not an option during the ongoing lockdown, the responsibility of taking care of your skin has fallen entirely on your shoulders. You can take the help of face massaging tools to elevate your at-home skincare routine. These massaging tools improve the efficacy of your products by helping them absorb better, boost blood circulation in the skin and provide mild surface exfoliation to help get rid of skin cells. But that’s not all.
Read on to find out why face tools are perfect for pampering your skin while staying indoors. Plus, tips on how to use them for maximum effect.
Benefits of using facial tools at home
- They are ultra-gentle on the skin. Unlike your bare fingers, these tools won’t pull or tug at your skin.
- They increase blow flow to the skin, giving your face a rosy, radiant glow. Using it on the sides of the neck promotes better circulation in the lymph area where toxins tend to build up.
- They help relax and tone your facial muscles, helping you get rid of fine lines. Helping your facial muscles relax with a gentle massage can keep your skin looking healthy and youthful.
- They provide a cooling sensation that depuffs, calms the skin and soothes inflammation.
General tips for using facial tools at home
Even though facial tools are pretty safe, here are some general hygiene and usage rules you should follow for a smooth-sailing experience:
- Regardless of the kind of face tool you want to massage your face with, always use an upward and outward motion. Apply medium pressure and roll it towards your ear. When you massage your forehead, use an upward-downward motion to smooth out stress lines.
- It is a good idea to start from the base of the neck and then go upwards to your face. Cover your entire face and then focus on the hard-to-reach spots like the sides of your nose, the indentation of the cheek, and around your eyes separately.
- Apply a facial oil or moisturiser before going in with a face tool to avoid tugging or pulling.
- Clean your tool and dry it properly before and after use to avoid any bacterial growth on them.
- Keep the tool in the fridge to reap maximum benefits. Not only will it tighten your skin, but it also depuffs your undereye area to make you look fresh and wide awake.