When it comes to nails, we women don’t pay too much attention to them. We’ll do the occasional manicure and try on a new nail polish, but when it comes to daily care, we could really use some help. Especially given that our nails are subject to a lot (read: typing, cooking, washing dishes, you know the drill). All of it eventually takes a toll, damaging the health of your nails and cuticles.
If you’re looking for a solution to take care of your nails and cuticles, you should definitely give this DIY cuticle oil a shot. It’s sure to give you healthy and naturally pretty-looking nails.
You will need:
- 4 tablespoons jojoba oil (soothes dry or cracked skin)
- 4 tablespoons of vitamin E oil (contains antioxidants, which protect your nails from ageing)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (strengthens nails and encourages healthy growth)
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil (softens cuticles)
- 6 drops of your favourite essential oil
- Dropper bottle or empty nail polish bottle
Step 1: Combine all the oils together in a bowl.
Step 2: Transfer the mixture to a dropper or nail polish bottle.
Step 3: Store in a cabinet or somewhere away from direct sunlight to protect the effectiveness of your oil.
Step 4: To use, apply using a brush or dropper onto the cuticles and allow the oil to sit on your skin for a few minutes.
Step 5: Gently rub the oil with the fingertips until it’s absorbed.
We suggest doing this before going to bed every night, when your hands are at rest to get the best results.