Lemonade, cold brewed iced coffee and cold cucumber slices on eyes, what does this remind you of? Summer! With summer fast approaching its time to stock up all the essentials to keep you hydrated inside out. There’s another essential that most of us don’t include in our summer skincare routine – rose water. Other than being beautifully fragrant it also has a wide range of benefits for the skin. Instead of buying one off the shelf how about you made it at home? Here’s how...
Things you need:
- Organic roses 7-8 (pesticide free)
- Distilled water 1.5 litres
- Pot with lid
- Spray bottle
- Plucks petals from the stem and run them under lukewarm water to get rid of any residue.
- Add petals to the pot along with the distilled water.
3. Over medium-low heat, bring it to a simmer and cover with the lid.
4. Let simmer for another 20-30 minutes or until the petals turn pale pink and have lost their colour.
5. Using the strainer separate the water from the petals.
6. Discard petals and transfer water into a spray bottle once it cools of completely.
7. Store in the refrigerator and use whenever you need a splash of freshness.