There are a lot of misconceptions about shaving, especially among women. From being afraid about hair growing back thicker, to worrying about skin darkening, most women consciously try and stay as far as possible from this method of hair removal. But, did you know that from the quality of your razor to the kind of shaving cream you use, everything plays a significant role in giving you the desired result?
Yep, you read that right. To help make shaving a better experience for you, here is a simple DIY shaving gel that’ll help you achieve a smooth AF shave. Since this shaving gel contains only natural ingredients, it is ideal for all skin types. It’s time to kiss dry, itchy and razor burnt skin a big, fat goodbye!
Following are some tips for a smooth shave:
01. Always use a good quality razor and one that is easy to clean.
02. Shave at the end of your shower as this will ensure that the pores have plenty of time to open up.
03. Rinse the blades as needed, while shaving. Keep a mug of water in the shower to swish the razor in or wipe it on a wet washcloth.
To prepare the DIY shaving gel, you will need:
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- ¼ cup aloe vera gel
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 drops of tea tree essential oil
Step 01: In a saucepan, heat the water and add salt to it until completely dissolved
Step 02: Next, put the remaining ingredients together and stir until it is completely blended
Step 03: Remove from the stove and allow the mixture to cool down
Step 04: Store in an airtight container and use it when required.
Once you've shaved your hands and legs, never ever skip using a rich and hydrating moisturiser such as the Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Restore Body Lotion. This will help reduce friction, nourish your skin and keep those annoying razor bumps from making an appearance.