Micellar water is undoubtedly and undisputedly a skincare hero, and of late, it’s the one skincare product you’ll find in the bathrooms and beauty drawers of every beauty it-girl. But what is micellar water and why has this product gained so much popularity in the recent past? We break it down for you.
What is micellar water?
Micellar water is made using micellar technology, and consists of tiny balls of cleansing oil molecules suspended in soft water. These molecules act as a magnet trap for pollution particles, oil and traces of makeup. So while it looks just like water, when you touch it you’ll realise that it has a completely different texture.
Benefits of micellar water
- The molecules attract environmental aggressors and leave the skin squeaky clean.
- Since it primarily contains water, it adapts to different skin types, making it suitable for all.
- It is far gentler than most makeup removers and does not strip the skin of natural oils and proteins.
- It acts as a barrier between the skin and impurities.
- In addition, it contains brightening properties, which help improve the texture of the skin.
- It is proven to remove 99% of makeup traces and requires no rinsing.
- It is a multipurpose product that works as a facial wash, makeup remover and moisturiser all-in-one.
How to use micellar water
Take a cotton ball/ pad and pour some micellar water on it. Use it to wipe off all the makeup, gunk and grime from your face.
How to pick the right micellar water
Choose a micellar water that is infused with essential vitamins like the Pond’s Vitamin Micellar Water. These vitamins contain collagen and antioxidants that help protect the skin from daily wear and tear. This range of micellar water comes in three different variants. If you have oily skin, go for the D-Toxx Charcoal variant; if you have dry skin, opt for the Hydrating Aloe Vera variant; and if you have a normal skin type, try the Brightening Rose variant.