Apart from the various skin potions that we put on our face and the right diets that we eat, there are a few other things you can do to ensure you have glowing skin. One way is through facial exercises that, over time, can help you get that glowing skin. Want to try these out and done know where to start? Here are a few pointers…
- One of the first facial exercises targets the most common problem area when it comes to ageing—the eyes.
Keep your face still and stick your tongue out as much as possible. Chances are your eyes will water, and that’s okay. Hold this pose for as long as you can manage.
This pose drains the toxins that might have accumulated in your eye and under eye area.
- Next, close your mouth and start exercising your eyes.
Keeping your face still, move your eyes from left to right, all the way to the very corners.
Do thisfacial exercise for a minute and a half. This pose exercises the muscles in the eye area and helps with fine lines, crow’s feet and sagging which are often the first signs of ageing to show up.
- Hold the fish face position as shown above and make an attempt to smile. (You won’t be able to, but that’s what the exercise is about!) This position helps tone the muscles of the cheeks as well as the chin.
- The Lion Face also known as the Simha Mudra is a complete facial exercise for all the muscles on your visage. Begin this by taking a deep breath in and scrunching your face to squeeze your facial muscles. Hold your breath for ten seconds and then, as you exhale, stick out your tongue, make your eyes go wide and stretch your face as much as you can.
- To do the trumpet player pose, take a deep breath in and hold the air inside your mouth. Then transfer the air from one cheek the other. Do this facial exercise for about thirty seconds, then exhale and repeat a few more time.
The exercise helps to massage your cheeks in order to prevent saggy skin.