We’ve all had a minor or major case of warts once in our lifetime.
Warts can show up on any part of the body and can be brown to pink and even yellow in colour. They’re essentially the outcome of a viral skin infection usually from the human papillomavirus family. Often starting off through a scratch, and then affecting the skin around it, warts are viral in nature which means that they can be transferred from person to person.
While they are known to fade away in time, some can last for longer and will need immediate attention. Listed below are 7 natural ways of getting rid of warts…
- Use Apple Cider Vinegar – Soak a ball of cotton in apple cider vinegar and rub it on the warts. Protect with a bandage and see the wart reduce and disappear.
Apple cider vinegar has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and is an effective way to get rid of warts.
- Use Banana Peel – Cut a piece of fresh banana peel and gently scrape off the inside. Apply on the wart and protect it with bandage. This will gradually help you get rid of the warts.
- Use Pineapple – Apply a piece of fresh pineapple directly on the wart. The natural acids and enzymes present in the pineapple will help the warts to disappear.
- Use Baking Powder and Castor Oil – Make a paste with baking powder and castor oil. Apply on the affected area and cover it with a cloth. Leave it overnight. Repeat till the warts disappear. Adding crushed fresh basil leaves will hasten the process.
- Use fresh Aloe-vera – Rub the gel of the Aloe-Vera leaf on the warts. Cover and repeat till you get rid of the warts. The presence of malic acid in the gel gives it anti-viral properties.
- Use Aspirin – Crush a tablet of aspirin and make a paste with water. Apply on the warts at night. Repeating this process will ensure that you get rid of the warts.
Many types of essential oils have anti-viral properties and will help you to get rid of these unwanted warts. Tea tree oil, lemon oil, cypress oil etc can be applied on warts. Remember to wash your hands after you have touched any wart though.
A healthy immune system will prevent warts from forming. So boost your immune system by eating right. Foods high in B-vitamins and calcium and dark leafy greens will help in keeping warts from appearing. Make fruits like cherries and blueberries a part of your daily diet. Processed foods, high in sugar or containing unhealthy fats should be totally avoided.
Of course, these are home remedies; however, if you do feel like your warts could be more serious in nature and that the growth seems to be increasing (in size or area) remember to consult a dermatologist or skin specialist.