- What is inhalable beauty?
- What are the benefits touted by inhalable beauty?
- Why has inhalable struggled to gain popularity?
What is inhalable beauty?
Desi girls have been familiar with inhalable beauty for a long time. We have used the benefits of essential oils, dhoop or other inhalable wellness products to enhance our health. Simply put, the logic behind inhalable beauty is to infuse products with essential vitamins and minerals, which when inhaled, is delivered straight to the nervous system. They not only work faster to give noticeable results on the skin but also help improve your mental state.
Major forms of inhalable beauty are aromatherapy in wellness and psychodermatology in dermatology and nutrient-enriched vaping sticks.
What are the benefits touted by inhalable beauty?
Even though it is still in the developmental stage, inhalable beauty claims the following benefits:
- Reduces stress level: According to experts, certain ingredients can trick your brain in performing better. For instance, using the concept of functional perfume, you can not only smell good but also feel good by working on your stress levels.
- Inhalable supplements: You might soon have the option to inhale your skin supplements rather than taking tablets/pills for it. With evidence saying that your body absorbs essential vitamins better when inhaled, you might soon find yourself diffusing essential oils more often.
- It is versatile for being on-the-go: Inhalable beauty has been labelled as ‘beauty-on-the-go’ since you might either be wearing it as a perfume or vaping it. These products contain vitamin B-12, vitamin C, caffeine, chamomile extract, green tea extract, and melatonin.
Why has inhalable struggled to gain popularity?
As mentioned before, this major beauty trend is brand new and is still being weighed for important pros and cons. Most importantly, how safe it can be. While vaping has already hit a roadblock with many countries banning these devices, some are still not convinced about the claims. Especially in aromatherapy, where formulations like Frankincense essential oil are known to impart age-defying benefits, they are mostly relegated to “indulgences” rather than being a part of a skincare routine.