Is it just us or does the weather feel super dry? The start of the year doesn’t seem to be going our way with the early winter months being accompanied by pollution and dry air. Parched winter days (and nights) can strip your skin’s moisture and make it feel tight and irritated.
Apart from keeping up your hydration levels from the inside, a skincare routine that focuses on adding moisture to the skin can help. And you best believe that a dynamic AM and PM routine can help ensure you are giving your skin all the TLC it needs to survive these dry days. We’ve put together an easy-to-follow AM to PM winter skincare routine that you can follow to keep your skin healthy and hydrated.
AM winter skincare routine
01. Cleanse: Swap potent cleansers with gentle and hydrating ones like the Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Facial Wash. It will clean your face gently, without leaving it dry and tight.
02. Mask it: Squeeze in a sheet mask while you are preparing for the rest of your morning — like making a cup of coffee or breakfast. A formula like the Pond’s Skin Firming Serum Mask will give your skin its hydration fix and lock it in for the rest of the day.
03. Moisturise: No matter what your skin type, walking around with really heavy creams on your face all day can be a bit annoying. A lightweight, but intensely hydrating formula like the Lakmé Absolute Hydra Pro Gel Crème can help fulfil your moisturising needs without feeling greasy.
04. SPF: You need SPF in the winter too, irrespective of whether you’re spending most of your time outdoors or not. Slather on the Dermalogica Prisma Protect SPF 30 to protect from blue light and UV exposure through the day.
PM winter skincare routine
01. Cleanse: Since most of us are still working from home, our nighttime cleanser doesn’t have to be too potent either. Go in with the same Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Facial Wash to get rid of dirt and oil build-up throughout the day, yet keep the cleansing action gentle.
02. Serum: The nighttime should primarily be about repair and a barrier-building serum formula like the Dermalogica Phyto Replenishing Oil can help. You will truly know the meaning of waking up with plump, dewy skin with this one!
03. Night Cream: Switch up a regular moisturiser with a thick night cream to lock in your serum and prevent moisture loss while you sleep. The Lakmé Youth Infinity Skin Firming Night Cream works to add elasticity to your skin so that you wake up with a youthful glow.
04. Lip balm: Complete your routine with a nourishing lip balm. Sweep on the Vaseline Lip Therapy Vitamin E - Original to keep chapped lips as bay.