There are a ton of misconceptions about oily skin that often lead to damaging skincare mistakes. You might feel the urge to skip the moisturiser because your skin “doesn't feel dry”, but in reality, it might be losing moisture to air the entire time. The one thing you need to know about oily skin is that constant efforts to strip the oil off your face will not fare well in the long run. You need a skincare routine that adapts to the overactivenss of your sebaceous glands and helps maintain it for clear, blemish-free skin. Here are some tips…
- 01. Choose the right ingredients for your skin
- 02. Double cleanse every day
- 03. Opt for a lightweight gel moisturiser
- 04. Don't skip exfoliation
- 05. Lifestyle habits to adopt
01. Choose the right ingredients for your skin
When it comes to oily skincare, choosing the right ingredients is crucial for curbing excessive greasiness and keeping your skin blemish-free. Some of these skin-loving ingredients are:
- Thyme, which helps inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria
- Witch hazel, nature’s astringent which helps mattify skin without stripping it of moisture
- Zinc, which helps regulate sebum production in your skin, and
- B3, also known as niacinamide, which improves the appearance of pores, soothes inflammation and keeps your skin’s barrier intact to avoid moisture loss.
Fortunately for oily-skinned girls, there is no need to rush to the store with a checklist and scan through countless labels. The Simple Daily Skin Detox range contains all of these skin-loving ingredients, and more. Together, the range can take care all of your oily, blemish-prone skin needs perfectly!
02. Double cleanse every day
Double cleansing is a method that involves a two-step face cleaning routine for a deeper, more purifying cleanse. Start with the Simple Daily Skin Detox Oil Be Gone Micellar Water, this helps break down dirt, SPF and excessive sebum on your face. Follow up with the Simple Daily Skin Detox Purifying Facial Wash to clear any remaining sweat, bacteria or any impurities set deep inside your pores. This daily double cleansing method will help achieve a clearer complexion, which is fresh and visibly shine-free.
03. Opt for a lightweight gel moisturiser
It is necessary to properly moisturise oily skin in order to prevent the sebaceous glands from over producing oil to make up for any moisture loss. The Simple Daily Skin Detox Ultra Light Liquid Moisturiser helps lock in hydration in your skin for 24 hours, while mattifying your face with a lightweight gel texture and feel.
04. Don't skip exfoliation
Oily skin struggles with shedding dead skin cells naturally. As such, exfoliation is necessary to penetrate through the sebum wall and slough off dead skin cells. Exfoliating 2-3 times a week with the Simple Daily Skin Detox Clear Pore Scrub will help deep clean your pores of oil, dirt and dead skin build-up and keep blemishes at bay.
05. Lifestyle habits to adopt
Your skin is a direct representation of how you treat your body and there are some aspects that can help maintain oily skin. Some of the lifestyle tips to help deal with oily skin are:
- Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins from your system and keep your skin hydrated from within.
- Minimise certain dietary elements like dairy, fried foods, packaged food high in sodium content, alcohol and processed sugar.
- Work out on a regular basis as it helps deliver fresh oxygen and nutrients to your skin. Do remember to cleanse your face of sweat and dirt post a session to avoid clogging of pores.
- Rid yourself of the habit of touching your face too often as it can over stimulate your oil glands, leading to excessive sebum production.
- Work on managing your stress levels and get proper sleep and avoid waking up with grease skin.