Shimmer, gloss, blush! You’re all ready and set to get to that amazing party you’ve been prepping for the entire day. Good times, right? However, heading back home to the mirror and removing those layers of glam can be quite a task! Heavy makeup may especially be quite a challenge. We often tend to hurry up the cleansing process or maybe too tired to even go through the entire procedure carefully despite knowing that residual makeup can clog pores. Instead of regular makeup removers, you can also try cleansing oils to do the task for you.
Why should you use a cleansing oil?
By the end of the day, your skin’s natural oil has not only absorbed the dirt from the dust and pollution outside, but has also surely befriended your sweat and mixed with your makeup and any other products you applied. Makeup residue can also mix with dead skin cells and cause a pile up on your skin’s surface. Cleansing oils remove makeup, dirt and excess sebum without disturbing the natural barrier of your skin. When a cleansing oil is applied, it dissolves the sebum mixed with the dirt, sweat, facial products, and makeup and washes away everything without leaving your skin dull or dry.
What type of cleansing oils should you use?
You can use plant based oils which are rich in antioxidants such as coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, avocado oil and argan oil to nourish, hydrate, rejuvenate and soothe your skin. When using more than one oil, choose a mix of oils that have the properties you’re looking for such as vitamins, antioxidants, fatty acids, etc.
How do you include a cleansing oil in your beauty routine?
It only takes a minute to add a cleansing oil to your beauty routine and give your skin the care and pampering it really needs. Make sure to remove your makeup first so that every product you use thereafter will be absorbed into your skin. Wash your face with a cleanser and then go ahead with your beauty routine.
1. Select a primary oil and then add in small amounts of other oils. You can mix 2 or more oils to create your own blend.
2. Wash your hands and pour a small amount of cleansing oil into your palm.
3. Gently massage the oil into your skin with upward circular movements for a minute or two.
4. You can then wash your face with warm water or use the hot-towel method - wet a facial cloth with hot water and wring out the excess water. Cover your face with it and let it steam for a few seconds until the cloth cools down. Gently wipe off the oil and pat your skin dry.
5. Follow up with a cleanser so that your skin does not become extra oily as you sleep.
6. You can apply a toner or essence or a serum while it’s still damp after cleansing so that your skin is hydrated and you do not wakeup looking dull or dry.
7. You can then apply your eye cream and other spot treatments, if any.
8. Finally seal everything with your night cream or moisturizer with an SPF. Make sure to moisturize your skin before you turn in.