Was pizza-anything ever a bad idea?
1 pack pizza dough
1 cup tomato sauce
Pepperoni or chicken sausages, sliced
150 gms cremini mushrooms
½ cup black olives
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out pizza dough and cut into 24 triangles.
2 . Top each dough triangle with 1 tsp tomato sauce and load toppings in the order—meat, mushrooms and black olives. Add shredded mozzarella cheese and fresh parsley to each cup and bake for 15 minutes.
The tiniest bites of the lot!
500 gms biscuit dough
250 gas sliced sausages
3 tbsp vegetable oil
Roasted Garlic Cheese Sauce:
2 tsp unsalted butter
1 roasted garlic
2 tsp flour
3/4 cup milk
50 gms cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Warm 1 tbsp of oil in medium heat and cook the sliced sausages for 4-5 minutes on each side. Heat the remaining oil in medium heat and pour cracked eggs into a skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Bake the skillet for 3-5 minutes.
2. For the cheese sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add garlic and flour and whisk for 3 minutes. Add milk and whisk again. Add cheese, salt and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Slice each biscuit in half. Place a sausage coin over each biscuit half and top with a sunny-side-up egg.
Bringing the best of Mexico to you in a bite.
1 tbsp olive olive
1/2 medium onion
500 gms shredded chicken
1 packet taco seasoning
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and sautée the chopped onion until soft. Add the shredded chicken and cook.
2. Add taco seasoning and assemble the meat, cheese, lettuce and sour cream and salsa into scoops and serve.
For those grateful to the Lebanese for inventing hummus.
8 corn tortillas cut into 2-inch rounds
1/3 cup hummus
1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
1 tsp chopped black olive
1 tsp minced fresh dill
1/4 cup feta
1. Heat oil in a skillet and fry the tortilla rounds for 10-15 seconds per side.Season with salt and set aside.
2. To create the tortilla stacks, spread a thin layer of hummus on half of the tortilla rounds. Top each of the hummus spread tortillas with the remaining tortillas and a spoonful of the red pepper. Add more hummus and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Oreo Cheesecake Bites
Because we already had you at Oreo!
36 Oreo cookies
1/4 cup butter
500 gms cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1. Finely crush 24 cookies. Melt 1/4 cup butter and mix with crumbs. Beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well. Add eggs. Chop remaining 12 Oreo cookies. Gently stir into batter and pour over crust.
2. Bake for 45 minutes and let cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Microwave chocolate chips in a bowl until melted.
3. Cut the cheesecake and drizzle melted chocolate over each piece.
Image Credits: Thatsnerdalicious, hipfoodiemom, mybakingaddiction, relish, sixsistersstuff
Written by Shreya Contractor on Dec 22, 2016